[Event] Two Oceans "Wolfpack Hustle" Crash Race 2019

nicsname

Like bikes? Like beer? You've come to the right place! First Male, Lady, Mountain Bike and Single Speed home take home one of these Crash Race beers for their efforts. Everyone else gets a crisp castle from the car bar! 

post-6918-0-96119500-1555606929_thumb.jpg

Edited by nicsname

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:

Due to a change in route for the ultra marathon, our crash race route has changed too.

The new route will still take us straight down main road to Fish Hoek, we'll turn right at the circle and then make our way on Corsair way to the base of Ou Kaapse (this is the 25km mark give or take). From here we'll ride the new ultra route up and over Ou Kaapse. At the bottom we'll follow the route along Spaanschemat road, past peddlars and then left onto ladies mile extension towards southern cross drive (this is give or take the 42km mark for us, and the 9km mark for the half.) We then ride up Southern cross and along the old route on rhodes drive to the finish at forries (for the racing snakes, the finish line is still Kirstenbosch top gate).  

Ideally we'd like for everyone to ride with a clear road and since we now potentially meet the half runners earlier, we think it would be wise to start at 4am. We'll meet at forries at 3:45. (Only 15 minutes earlier ;))

Other than that, the group ride that is the wolf pack hustle stays the same. There will still be banter and beers! 

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:

Due to a change in route for the ultra marathon, our crash race route has changed too.

The new route will still take us straight down main road to Fish Hoek, we'll turn right at the circle and then make our way on Corsair way to the base of Ou Kaapse (this is the 25km mark give or take). From here we'll ride the new ultra route up and over Ou Kaapse. At the bottom we'll follow the route along Spaanschemat road, past peddlars and then left onto ladies mile extension towards southern cross drive (this is give or take the 42km mark for us, and the 9km mark for the half.) We then ride up Southern cross and along the old route on rhodes drive to the finish at forries (for the racing snakes, the finish line is still Kirstenbosch top gate).

Ideally we'd like for everyone to ride with a clear road and since we now potentially meet the half runners earlier, we think it would be wise to start at 4am. We'll meet at forries at 3:45. (Only 15 minutes earlier ;))

Other than that, the group ride that is the wolf pack hustle stays the same. There will still be banter and beers!

Saw the runners* on OKW this morning, good call.

*7th day Adventist can't run on Saturday

IMPORTANT ANNOUNCEMENT:

Bump in case the afternoon hubbers missed the time change :) 

Route now over ou kaapse weg.. maybe need to change the thread name to the OneOceans wolf pack hustle

As I understand it the actual Indian/Atlantic Ocean split is at Cape Agulhas. So Two Oceans has never actually touched more than one ocean, regardless of whether Chappies is included.

As I understand it the actual Indian/Atlantic Ocean split is at Cape Agulhas. So Two Oceans has never actually touched more than one ocean, regardless of whether Chappies is included.

Blasphemy!

hahahaha It's amazing how years of tourism marketing lies have set the standard.

I believe technically the meeting point tends to shift and move along the South Coast at various times as the Agulhas current pushes through, but yeah.... the Cape Peninsula is essentially surrounded by the Atlantic on all fronts generally.

Blasphemy!

hahahaha It's amazing how years of tourism marketing lies have set the standard.

I believe technically the meeting point tends to shift and move along the South Coast at various times as the Agulhas current pushes through, but yeah.... the Cape Peninsula is essentially surrounded by the Atlantic on all fronts generally.

The Agulhas and Benguela currents don't actually meet