[Event] FNB Magalies Monster MTB Classic

ChanteG

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Anyone received Batch info for this yet ?

Want to know at what time the misery starts.

Nope

Something is not right with the organisation of this event. No info on number collection, timing chips and batching. Unless I am missing some communication

Hi, also considering doing this. Has been on my bucket list for a while and am up from CT at the moment so it suits. What are the trails like? Lots of single track or more gravel/jeep?

Are registrations on for the day? R420 for pre-entry so assuming another R50odd penalty? Quite steep actually for 65km. Just did a 80km for R390.

Gauteng surcharge? ????

Anyway that's just me

Hi, also considering doing this. Has been on my bucket list for a while and am up from CT at the moment so it suits. What are the trails like? Lots of single track or more gravel/jeep?

Are registrations on for the day? R420 for pre-entry so assuming another R50odd penalty? Quite steep actually for 65km. Just did a 80km for R390.

Gauteng surcharge?

Anyway that's just me

Lots of these little hills

It's an incredible race, you won't be disappointed (maybe disappointed in your legs) 

If anyone still wants to enter this is from Stillwaters FB page:

We will be taking a limited amount of late entries at the 2019 FNB Magalies Monster MTB Classic due to popular demand.

For more information on how to enter please contact entries@stillwatersports.com

Gauteng surcharge?

Anyway that's just me

One big hill called 'The Monster' (6km climb) and then it is all down hill from there. Easy!

Gauteng surcharge?

Anyway that's just me

Wet van Transvaal...#@# en betaal. :whistling: 

One big hill called 'The Monster' (6km climb) and then it is all down hill from there. Easy!

Having done the Merino Monster (the real monster?) 4 times I reckon I will be OK ????

Edited by mrcg

So, I'm a bit of a technical single track junkie. Can I expect some of that here? Cheers

So, I'm a bit of a technical single track junkie. Can I expect some of that here? Cheers

Yeah!

Last year I made a wrong turn on the monster decent and bombed down what I can only assume was an ancient hiking trail. That was me stuffed for the rest of the race... 

EDIT:

The wrong turn in particular, don't do it! 

E8Uoz7U.jpg

Edited by Dieter ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)