Cheapest bike computer...

pmswanepoel

AFAIK Bryton either supply the internals OR have licensed Giant to make their computer (selling at a lower cost than Bryton) and that is why you can't get new Brytons in SA anymore, or that is why the local distributor stopped dealing with them....

• Replies 38
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Very happy with my wahoo element bolt, but for price I don't think you can beat the lezyne units

Seems the Giant Neos GPS is now the cheapest on the block - without any sensors.  May become expensive if you add all the sensors.  The screen layout is cast in concrete and you need to scroll through screens to see all the data ....  Interface is very cluncky ..... Bluetooth link was "eratic", and even the dealer could not get is sorted.  Got a full refund, so petrol money was the only school fees on this one.

The Giant Neos Track is on par with the known brands in terms of price.

Next on the price block is the Lezyne range.  It certainly has a loyal following, and I was in store to pick up one .....

Then got a very good deal on a Garmin 130.  I have the 520 on my bike, so I KNEW what to expect from the 130 in terms of interface and menu layout.  What I did not know was just how much they packed into that small unit !!  :thumbup:   And for the weight weenies this must be one of the smaller and lighter, though powerful, units out there.

In the end, for the same spec and quality level, the prices are very much in the same range between the different brands.  And if you get a good deal, the price comes closer to the Lezyne units.  And then it comes down to "working" the unit ... for me, I just like the way the Garmins work.  (and if I knew the XYZ brand, then I may well prefer their menu...)

Seems the Giant Neos GPS is now the cheapest on the block - without any sensors.  May become expensive if you add all the sensors.  The screen layout is cast in concrete and you need to scroll through screens to see all the data ....  Interface is very cluncky ..... Bluetooth link was "eratic", and even the dealer could not get is sorted.  Got a full refund, so petrol money was the only school fees on this one.

The Giant Neos Track is on par with the known brands in terms of price.

Next on the price block is the Lezyne range.  It certainly has a loyal following, and I was in store to pick up one .....

Then got a very good deal on a Garmin 130.  I have the 520 on my bike, so I KNEW what to expect from the 130 in terms of interface and menu layout.  What I did not know was just how much they packed into that small unit !!  :thumbup:   And for the weight weenies this must be one of the smaller and lighter, though powerful, units out there.

In the end, for the same spec and quality level, the prices are very much in the same range between the different brands.  And if you get a good deal, the price comes closer to the Lezyne units.  And then it comes down to "working" the unit ... for me, I just like the way the Garmins work.  (and if I knew the XYZ brand, then I may well prefer their menu...)

Where did you get the good deal, as I am keen on a new GPS unit?

Archived