Sani2C Commuting Challenge 2019

cat-i

Is that you in second place?

How long are your commutes usually? Mine vary from 25 - 30 km with 210-350m climbing. This challenge has been quite difficult to add the extra needed elevation and distance but a good challenge nonetheless. Doesn't help that the Cape is getting colder.  :ph34r:

Gauteng is also colder - and a lot darker. It's difficult to ride an extra bit of distance when it's already dark ... my mind's saying it's late, but the watch says there's plenty of time.

That is very impressive!! I only manage 50km/day

I do get recovery time every month when I have to fly up to the Jhb office, .... but I would much rather commute in Cpt than spend any time in Jhb ....

I suffer from terrible ‘FOMO’ when not being able to commute :D

I do get recovery time every month when I have to fly up to the Jhb office, .... but I would much rather commute in Cpt than spend any time in Jhb ....

I suffer from terrible ‘FOMO’ when not being able to commute :D

I am exactly the same!!

I'm sadly out of this challenge as I'll be suffering in my wife's wheel from Thursday to Saturday  :thumbup:

She's in good form and this could be the first time a podium contender (team) will be featuring the guy holding on to a small back pocket  :blush:

I see you took the win today - congrats!

I managed a 266.8km and 3497m elevation.

But now my legs are vrot!!

Congrats! :clap:  :clap:

I still have to do 22.2 and 134m of ascent this afternoon. Legs a lot better than this time previous years - might have somethng to do with the little training ride I did 2 weeks ago  :clap:

Congrats! :clap:  :clap:

I still have to do 22.2 and 134m of ascent this afternoon. Legs a lot better than this time previous years - might have somethng to do with the little training ride I did 2 weeks ago  :clap:

Well done guys .... I have 247km thus far but still have my commute home ....

Sadly I’m quite far from the elevation target, I couldn’t see it on Endomondo but according to Strava it’s sitting at a lowly 2227m :|

I looked at Wines2Whales (November) - total distance is 207 ... almost 60 less than Sani2C ... but total ascent is 4320 -  875 more than S2C  :eek:

I'm sadly out of this challenge as I'll be suffering in my wife's wheel from Thursday to Saturday  :thumbup:

She's in good form and this could be the first time a podium contender (team) will be featuring the guy holding on to a small back pocket  :blush:

Won stage 2 too! and with a comfortable margin - enjoy tomorrow.

Won stage 2 too! and with a comfortable margin - enjoy tomorrow.

Thanks!

What an awesome race... had to call Jo back plenty times as I was in a world of pain :)

My commute this morning was tough :)

Thanks!

What an awesome race... had to call Jo back plenty times as I was in a world of pain :)

My commute this morning was tough :)

Congrats!