Cannondale scalpel 203mm brake rotors?

Williepotch

Anyone fitted a 203mm front brake rotor to their scalpel?Seems Cannondale only has 180mm adaptors, or is their another way?Had a total rotor fail last year at k2c with those long down hills and my 110kg????

What is a rotor fail ?

What year scalpel do you have and what brakes, rotors and pads are you running? Perhaps you cooked the pads or over heated the fluid ?

Most forks have a max rotor rating of about 200mm, but am not sure about the Lefty

Also, I would imagine that its a standard Post to Post brake mount for which you buy adapters. They are not Cannondale specific.

There are adapters one can get to move the caliper out for bigger discs. I know Hope makes some

My 160mm became blue hot and warped. Dealer called it “failure” Cant find a 203mm adapter for my lefty 2.0 anywhere. Now sitting with 2x new Shimano 203 rotors(spare set of wheels) that i cant fit.Did order the std Shimano 203mm adapter but does not fit. Should have done better homework!

biigest adaptor you will find for Lefty 2.0 is for 180mm rotors. Max rotor size is documented anywhere as far I can find but I guess the max rotor size is indicated by the maximum adapter size available

Agree on the max size; fitted 180mm rotors back and front on my Cannondale. Nothing larger can with with available adaptors.

But matched them with Magura MT5's. The combo is strong enough to throw you of the bike at any time if you do not treat it with respect. Luckily the modulation on the MT's is brilliant, not on/of like Shimano. 

Just fitted a set of brand new XT M8000's on another ride which is purely disappointing. I need to start stopping up to 10m earlier than what I am use to cannot wait to replace them. 

The only company that makes weird items for Cannondale is Leonardi Factory or Cannondale Experts, contact them; just perhaps they have a solution for the front, but on the rear the stays of the Cannondale will not allow such a setup. 

Edited by Traveler

Agree on the max size; fitted 180mm rotors back and front on my Cannondale. Nothing larger can with with available adaptors.

But matched them with Magura MT5's. The combo is strong enough to throw you of the bike at any time if you do not treat it with respect. Luckily the modulation on the MT's is brilliant, not on/of like Shimano. 

Just fitted a set of brand new XT M8000's on another ride which is purely disappointing. I need to start stopping up to 10m earlier than what I am use to cannot wait to replace them. 

The only company that makes weird items for Cannondale is Leonardi Factory or Cannondale Experts, contact them; just perhaps they have a solution for the front, but on the rear the stays of the Cannondale will not allow such a setup.

Checked Leonardi racing and cannondaleexperts.com but nothing. If they don't have then it likely doesn't exist for sale

Shimano adapter SM-MA- F203P/ MP. According to lbs this will work.

It might. Best to get them to check if the caliper clears and that there's no fouling. 

Remember that the adapter has to mount to the 160mm adapter already fitted on the Lefty's disc brake mount

Joy! Fitted a shimano SM-MA-F203P/P. adapter on 203mm icetech rotors!Works like a charm!I know it’s properly overkill but it looks amazing!

Joy! Fitted a shimano SM-MA-F203P/P. adapter on 203mm icetech rotors!Works like a charm!I know it’s properly overkill but it looks amazing!

Just make sure the rotor clears the Lefty's upper leg at full compression or joy will short lived

Just hope you don’t pull those mounting bolts out on a big descent or break the fork[emoji85][emoji15]