[Event] PPA Sportive #8

Pedal Power Association

Just entered the #7 ! Quick questions :

- This isn't a seeding event for the cycle tour right ?

- I paid for my racetec chip when I entered the cycle tour, any idea if I can pick it up somewhere before sunday morning at the Sportive ?

• Replies 69
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Seems like the case for the vast majority of PPA races. Which also make the majority of PPA races useless for improving your seeding once you get around C group

But I would expect the two breakaway riders from C-E to get bumped to B 

- I paid for my racetec chip when I entered the cycle tour, any idea if I can pick it up somewhere before sunday morning at the Sportive ?

all ppa events is seeding events

cannot answer on the racetec chip .. had mine to long to try remember how it works 

cannot answer on the racetec chip .. had mine to long to try remember how it works 

Damn, I really should have done the #8 then

But I would expect the two breakaway riders from C-E to get bumped to B 

The Guy from F-E looks bit wrong at 2:03 with 4:30 CTCT time , unless he/she have some special training in last 6 months....

did quick calc and by my estimation top 50% of   C-E bunch will get about ~20 index, which will put all into B group , messing whole seeding allocation again.  Unless winner time and beta is lower than 1:55 and/or 0.8 .

I did not do #8 so don't really matter in my world .......

Edited by Karman de Lange

Bought my chip for 947 and picked up at Amashova earlier that year. Just ask Racetec directly to confirm.

Think you can collect it in the morning of the race.. Best to call ppa office to confirm

Think you can collect it in the morning of the race.. Best to call ppa office to confirm

well I hope so at least, but with a start at 6 it's gonna be a challenge :D

Was in the A-B chute on Sunday.

Definitely had the training load in the engine for a good B / Cat 2 race.

The first 10 kms was a bats-out-of hell situation as most of the guys were in good shape after likely DC peaking.

Typically, there is a relative ease in pace shortly thereafter as tempo pace takes over.

Unfortunately, I didn't survive until then as I haven't raced for months.

I sat up, thought about life, watched riders that fell off a bit later on, gingerly pedal back to the start and prepared for more tempo time with the C-E bunch.

It was a good day out for turning them cranks over.

*grabs a tissue and wipes tears off the keyboard*

Doing Sportive #7 this weekend. Out of interest, if my current PPA seeding is D, is it pretty much a sure thing that I'll be in D group (which may be joined with some higher and lower groups) this sunday?

I see my seeding is D since it's going to be my first road race and out of all the marathon races I did this year, only the tiletoria elgin valley seems to count... so the 6am start will be for A group, I imagine there must be 5 to 10 mins between each start ? D group should start between 6:15/6:30 ?

I see my seeding is D since it's going to be my first road race and out of all the marathon races I did this year, only the tiletoria elgin valley seems to count... so the 6am start will be for A group, I imagine there must be 5 to 10 mins between each start ? D group should start between 6:15/6:30 ?

If will probably be the same as Sportive #8, which means you will be the second group to go, 3-5min after first group.

A and B was grouped together and C,D and E was next.

Doing Sportive #7 this weekend. Out of interest, if my current PPA seeding is D, is it pretty much a sure thing that I'll be in D group (which may be joined with some higher and lower groups) this sunday?

I believe that is how it works with the sportive's.

They did sent a SMS on the Friday informing which group you will start in e.g. 

"... and your seeding is A-B for the 2019 PPA Sportive #8..."

awesome thanks !

Give yourself a hour at venue ... Parking sometimes takes 5 minutes , other times 20 minutes

Then you walk to start 5 - 10minutes.. If recall that start venuw parking is all gravel, so won't risk riding bike(thorns) so bit of trek sometimes.

then Try find loo (anything from 0 minutes to 30 minutes).   

Its easier to hang around waiting than rush and mis your start group (don't ask how I know)

Edited by Karman de Lange

Give yourself a hour at venue ... Parking sometimes takes 5 minutes , other times 20 minutes

Then you walk to start 5 - 10minutes.. If recall that start venuw parking is all gravel, so won't risk riding bike(thorns) so bit of trek sometimes.

then Try find loo (anything from 0 minutes to 30 minutes).

Its easier to hang around waiting than rush and mis your start group (don't ask how I know)

yass that's 30mins away from my house and I still have to collect my chip and all, so that means leaving my house at 4:30, what did I get myself into ????

yass that's 30mins away from my house and I still have to collect my chip and all, so that means leaving my house at 4:30, what did I get myself into

Lol, welcome to the pre-road race routine. You'll learn to hate your alarm, safety pins and portaloos. I keep coming back for more though.