Welgemoed Primary

KidCharlemagne

Any parents with kids at this school who has some insight into the school's sports and academic performance, overall culture and any other generalities.  Thanks!

Any parents with kids at this school who has some insight into the school's sports and academic performance, overall culture and any other generalities.  Thanks!

I know a few parents who have kids there, have never heard anything negative about the school. Might be a bit small for your liking if your kids are really good in a team sport.

tbh I think most of the primary schools in the CT northern suburbs are on a very high standard, you can't really go wrong - it's very much up to personal preference (and whether you fall in the correct area)

I know a few parents who have kids there, have never heard anything negative about the school. Might be a bit small for your liking if your kids are really good in a team sport.

tbh I think most of the primary schools in the CT northern suburbs are on a very high standard, you can't really go wrong - it's very much up to personal preference (and whether you fall in the correct area)

My kid is at a southern suburbs school at the moment.  He was accepted at WP as we moved close by.  Still considering the transfer as he wants to stay where he is, obviously.

I taught there when I started working. Found most kids to be spoiled brats, and the "my dad is a doc, lawyer, CA bla bla bla) mentality is a lot for a newly qualified teacher.

Academically they are good, and the school can afford teaching aids, should a teacher need it. Because of the social economic factors they are very strong on the culture side of things and not all decisions are made based on the u/13 A rugby performance. 

I taught there when I started working. Found most kids to be spoiled brats, and the "my dad is a doc, lawyer, CA bla bla bla) mentality is a lot for a newly qualified teacher.

Academically they are good, and the school can afford teaching aids, should a teacher need it. Because of the social economic factors they are very strong on the culture side of things and not all decisions are made based on the u/13 A rugby performance. 

I believe the language split is 60% Afrikaans and 40% English.  How does that work out in terms of school communication, assemblies, social interaction etc?

I believe the language split is 60% Afrikaans and 40% English.  How does that work out in terms of school communication, assemblies, social interaction etc?

Praat taal of hou jou bek

Praat taal of hou jou bek

Do you speak from experience with that school?

Edited by cat-i

Back then every grade had 1 English class and 3/4 Afrikaans classes. I am not sure how things work these days. I have been gone and out of teaching for over 10 years. 

What usually happen is like with assembly the will mix and match. Every thing will only be said once, but some in Afr and some in Eng. 

Circulars are usually in Eng for the Eng parents and Afr for the Afr parents. 

What usually happen is like with assembly the will mix and match. Every thing will only be said once, but some in Afr and some in Eng. 

Circulars are usually in Eng for the Eng parents and Afr for the Afr parents. 

Thanks for the input mate.