What DS mtb to buy

AB

Guys I am looking to buy a new bike. Looking at duel suspension mtb. Want to do longer mtb races and maybe a stage race now and again.

Budget between 30 and 40k

Would like a carbon bike.

Specialized epic comp carbon is the dream but a bit to expensive.

Other options specialized epic comp alu, silverback sesta pro or sido 1, momsen vipa race or trail.

So many options..... please advise

If you want a Spaz ask about old stock they have great prices on new old stock bikes. Spoke to them the other day and carbon bikes like Stumpjumper and Enduro for around 40k. Who cares if it's last year or previous color. The bikes they had on offer would be near impossible to beat at those prices.

Abel this is probably the best time of the year to buy a bike.

2020 stock is coming in thick and fast .....

They need to move the "old" 2019 stock.  Brand new bikes !!  But as the new paint schemes must be on the floor the old bikes are marked down .... and each month it is marked down more and more ..... bit of a game of chicken .... obviously the popular frame sizes will sell out first.

Last year August I bought a 50k bike for 36k, and similar specials were to be had from most manufacturers.

So dream big, go out and test the bikes that tick your boxes .... make sure of what you want .... then be wide awake for the "2019 specials" .....

Guys I am looking to buy a new bike. Looking at duel suspension mtb. Want to do longer mtb races and maybe a stage race now and again.

Other options specialized epic comp alu, silverback sesta pro or sido 1, momsen vipa race or trail.

Why not a Giant Anthem? It won't be a carbon frame, but you could get an Anthem Advanced with NX Eagle for R44K. I'm sure you could negotiate that price down as the the 2020 frames are coming in.

https://www.giant-bicycles.com/za/anthem-29-2--nx-eagle-

I'm a bit of a Giant whore, so my suggestion is a bit biased :-)

Check Bike Addict. They have specials on 2019 bike coming up now.

Little bit outside your budget, but a good bike. Merida 120 6000

https://bike-addict.co.za/collections/merida/products/merida-one-twenty-6000-2019

There is a 2018 Vipa Trail 1 in M and L for R 36,000 or R40,000 with NX Eagle.

https://bike-addict.co.za/collections/momsen-mtb/products/momsen-vipa-trail-1-2018?variant=21265085825108

Scott 940 (2019 model) on special. Bit outside your budget, and not Carbon, but great bike nonetheless. But you do get a R 4,000 bikeaddict voucher, so the bike is effectively R40,000

https://bike-addict.co.za/collections/scott-mtb/products/scott-spark-940-2019

Take a look here Abel and make contact if interested:  https://www.bikehub.co.za/classifieds/375922-specialized-camber-comp-carbon-price-negotiable/

Not brand new but cared for as good as new!  Ticks the boxes for carbon frame, almost as efficient as the Epic for long distance rides but much more comfortable.  Also playful enough for some trail riding when you spot an enticing piece of singletrack!

Welcome to the Hub Abel.

Where are you located?

What size frame?

I’d add the Scott Spark to your list.

Thanks guys for all the comments. Definitely not easy to buy a bike anymore. I used to cycle and used bikehub a lot. Was out of the country for 5 years. Back now and need to cycle again.

I am situated in Hartenbos.

Need a size large. I am 1.84cm tall.

Want a light as possible bike.

Thanks for all the help and suggestions.

If you are patient, you can pick up a Sworks Epic with carbon wheels, sid or RS1 fork and normally XX1 11 speed for R40k.

It will likely be a 2015 / 2016 model, but people normally look after them and are now "upgrading" to the new model

If you are patient, you can pick up a Sworks Epic with carbon wheels, sid or RS1 fork and normally XX1 11 speed for R40k.

It will likely be a 2015 / 2016 model, but people normally look after them and are now "upgrading" to the new model

And then you find the suspension needs a service and the cassette is worn and you're in for R10k+... even 2nd hand stick to something you know you can afford to maintain.

And then you find the suspension needs a service and the cassette is worn and you're in for R10k+... even 2nd hand stick to something you know you can afford to maintain.

Bought mine for that price, including a stages power meter and it was basically new - just need to know what you are buying...

Any info on the Momsen bikes?

Also looking at the specialized epic comp alu.

Would like to buy as new as possible. Don't mind a secondhand bike that was well taken care of.

Archived