Buying from CRC

hendrich

Hi guys .

Maybe someone has experience and can give some advice.

I am looking to buy a frame from chain reaction cycle. Is there any special import tax on frames like with clothing or just normal 15%

no duties on frames or bioke components. Just VAT and ATV which means VAT is charged on value of items +10% so VAT effectively increases to 16.5% from 15%.

Then you'll have shipping and whatever the courier charges for dealing with the customs clearance side of things which in SkyNet's case is, I think, R 250. 

• 6 months later...

How reliable are shipping time estimates from CRC? Ordered something earlier in the week and the estimated shipping time is 5-8days, just curious if I can actually expect it to get to me next week?

How reliable are shipping time estimates from CRC? Ordered something earlier in the week and the estimated shipping time is 5-8days, just curious if I can actually expect it to get to me next week?

Times are fairly accurate, but also comes down to the courier company.

Some of them are terrible...

I think my last order took 10 days from when I ordered it until Skynet arrived here in the bundus...

They used to use DHL which was very quick but Skynet? there is a whole tread on it.

Yeah I saw that after I posted the question here, and my stuff is with Skynet ???? ah well, I was not in any rush, just saw what I thought is a killer deal and bit the bullet, hopefully it gets here fairly quickly.

Just took the free delivery option, got a mail last night that it is on its way here last night, maybe I get lucky....

I ordered wheels from them in November last year. Delivery and customs took 6 days to my door. 

With the current $/£/€ to Rand rate you are very brave to order from overseas. Then again if you want it and they have it...we will pay anything.

With the current $/£/€ to Rand rate you are very brave to order from overseas. Then again if you want it and they have it...we will pay anything.

Some discounted items are so well priced that even with the poor ROE (and shipping cost) they are still a fair bit cheaper than local.

Would this only be for frames or whole bikes?

no duties on frames or bioke components. Just VAT and ATV which means VAT is charged on value of items +10% so VAT effectively increases to 16.5% from 15%.

Then you'll have shipping and whatever the courier charges for dealing with the customs clearance side of things which in SkyNet's case is, I think, R 250. 

Was a sale item, and the price was well worth it, less than half of anything available locally