The Munga 2019

Ramrod

So I saw an acquaintance of mine do the Munga (and finish it) then this weekend that past he went and did the Desert Dash. 

Is it just me or is that some next level crazy? 

Thats a special kind of Special!!!

• Replies 986
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So I saw an acquaintance of mine do the Munga (and finish it) then this weekend that past he went and did the Desert Dash. 

Is he on strava, Do you know his total mileage for the year? Must be impressive.

He's not that active on Strava (very annoying) - I just looked, he did not even log either the Munga or the Desert Dash on Strava. He is however quite active on vleisboek and I am almost 100% sure that most of you folks have seen his name at some of the major races  :thumbup:

https://www.facebook.com/joggie.rautenbach?fref=search&__tn__=%2Cd%2CP-R&eid=ARBfKmf0XVYmZiAfAJ8FDNN61Z1cjKS8ifzREW04Y3I8JtdezL84d3iF0v-H6ggkGoZOj-zZLuBM4QxY

Is he on strava, Do you know his total mileage for the year? Must be impressive.

He's not that active on Strava (very annoying) - I just looked, he did not even log either the Munga or the Desert Dash on Strava. He is however quite active on vleisboek and I am almost 100% sure that most of you folks have seen his name at some of the major races  :thumbup:

https://www.facebook.com/joggie.rautenbach?fref=search&__tn__=%2Cd%2CP-R&eid=ARBfKmf0XVYmZiAfAJ8FDNN61Z1cjKS8ifzREW04Y3I8JtdezL84d3iF0v-H6ggkGoZOj-zZLuBM4QxY

I will have to have a look later from home. No FB here at work.

• 2 weeks later...

Joggie?

The way Mike writes it seems that the riding is a breeze from waterpoint to waterpoint but for Mike it is. make no mistake ,,there is sore bums,sunburn,howling headwinds and severe exhaustion out there.The corrugations on some sections is monstrous.

But it's out there in those dark moments that you will find your inner self ,where you will share moments with the other Mungrals.I remember sitting in the Sutherland hotel drinking Creamsoda and just deciding when to push myself out the door into a monster headwind.

2020 has a nice ring to it.

The way Mike writes it seems that the riding is a breeze from waterpoint to waterpoint but for Mike it is. make no mistake ,,there is sore bums,sunburn,howling headwinds and severe exhaustion out there.The corrugations on some sections is monstrous.

But it's out there in those dark moments that you will find your inner self ,where you will share moments with the other Mungrals.I remember sitting in the Sutherland hotel drinking Creamsoda and just deciding when to push myself out the door into a monster headwind.

2020 has a nice ring to it.

wish he'd hurry up with the rest though.