2020 Tour de France

pista

• Replies 3.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Edit, unless like Lance says, this is a stupid stage finish with the decent after the Cat 1 climb. The GC guys are not going to go hard here, as everyone would just come back in the 15 odd kms from the top of the Cat 1 to the finish.

Edit, unless like Lance says, this is a stupid stage finish with the decent after the Cat 1 climb. The GC guys are not going to go hard here, as everyone would just come back in the 15 odd kms from the top of the Cat 1 to the finish.

Exactly my thoughts

Lance thinks every thing is stupid if he wouldnt have liked it when he rode.

Stage is catered for the breakaway ?

Well, that is indeed daft if they built a route to cater for a breakaway.

The route should be the route. A break needs to craft some brilliance from it to get a stage win, that's what makes a ride like this from Lutsenko so special. Take it on and win in spite of.

Also, I'm a huge Lance fan, even more so now then when I named my son after him in 2006, so you wont get my vote.

Well I agree with him on the GC comments here and it seems to be exactly what is playing out.

Well, that is indeed daft if they built a route to cater for a breakaway.

The route should be the route. A break needs to craft some brilliance from it to get a stage win, that's what makes a ride like this from Lutsenko so special. Take it on and win in spite of.

Also, I'm a huge Lance fan, even more so now then when I named my son after him in 2006, so you wont get my vote.

Yeah I am not looking for your vote[emoji1787]...there are always one or two stages that would suit a breakaway... you've been watching the TDF for many years.. you know this [emoji2368]

Edited by Gen

Very chilled back in the peloton..considering that its a long difficult climb.

Think Ineos set the pace not to do anything but just so that they don't find themselves in trouble.?

Edited by Gen

Yeah I am not looking for your vote[emoji1787]...there are always one or two stages that would suit a breakaway... you've been watching the TDF for many years.. you know this [emoji2368]

I'll concede that some stages will be targeted by guys looking to show their individual brilliance from a break, regardless of the overall race.

Other than seeing Aru have a go and a strong effort by Lutsenko it’s been rather dull, but I suppose it’s week 1 and there’s no need to pull the wheels off just yet.

Very chilled back in the peloton..considering that its a long difficult climb.

Think Ineos set the pace not to do anything but just so that they don't find themselves in trouble.?

Ineos Grenades worry me this tour. It looks like they keep trying to stick to their playbook from previous winning tours, when that wont work for them here, and they seem to have lost some spark. Is it Portal? Is it G? Dunno, something is off in their racing - tactics, ability, preparation.

Ineos Grenades worry me this tour. It looks like they keep trying to stick to their playbook from previous winning tours, when that wont work for them here, and they seem to have lost some spark. Is it Portal? Is it G? Dunno, something is off in their racing - tactics, ability, preparation.

Or are they biding their time and hiding their form? [emoji848][emoji48]