Birth Certificates

The Ouzo

I need to get birth certificates for both my children, somehow the originals have gone missing.

Do i still need to be subjected to home affairs or are there alternative places that will do them these days ?

We need some for of ID for domestic travel. At their age birth certificate is their id.

birth certificates don't have photos of kids on them, should be very easy to forge.

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

If you've already applied for one then you can get a reprint done straight away. If you've never applied for one then you have to wait months and months for the wheels off HA archiving to work

this is a very good point, definitely had a normal BC for the older daughter and possibly even an unabridged and for the younger one only ever an unabridged.

so if its a reprint it could/should be quick.

Will still go and apply this month just in case

If you've already applied for one then you can get a reprint done straight away. If you've never applied for one then you have to wait months and months for the wheels off HA archiving to work

I only had the normal birth certificates.

Went in and asked for unabridged as I wanted passports for my boys. Handed over the court papers stating that I don't need my ex wife's approval or consent. Got unabridged right away which probably goes through as a reprint then.

My oldest is 4 at the end of this month and we got when he was born. Someone from HA came to the hospital while my wife was still admitted and gave my wife the forms. We filled them out and a few days later the HA lady came back with the certificate. She spends 2 hours, 2 times a week in the maternity ward. With the twins 16 months ago we were lucky to only be there for 3 days so had to come back to the hospital. My oldest had complications and we were there for a week so that was a breeze. We had been told about it during the pregnancy by the hospital when booking the room so we knew what forms we needed to have with us to give the HA. I must admit it was pain free and well organised.

I also got my daughter's birth certificate at the hospital's Home Affairs office. I applied the day after her birth, and picked it up a week later. Painless. Total time in-office was less than 20 minutes over the 2 visits.