Race number collection service

Krisvst1

Just a tester. Would you make use of a number collection service delivering your number to your doorstep for a small extra fee when entering a race?

R50 or less, yes.

But most events allow you to collect the number on the day of the race, although they don't advertise it far and wide.

I do both cycling and running. Lets take the Tom Jenkins road run in Pretoria as an example. We stay in Pretoria hence the reason we entered for this run.

However Thursday & Fridays pre-number collections were in Jhb. So collecting your number the morning of the race with 5000 runners is not really an option nor the drive to Jhb during midweek.

There's definitely an opportunity for your service. PM me if you want to get serious, I might be able to help you.

50 Rand would be the fee.... And then on a scale reducing the cost. Like only 30 Rand for the second number delivered to the same adress.

Count me in! My time is limited during the week.. I would rather spend the hour doing something else..

As mentioned most races numbers can be collected on race day, with only CSA Lic excluded. The issue with courier of CSA lic is their numbers will only be handed over by CSA representative on presentation of CSA lic proof. 

As mentioned most races numbers can be collected on race day, with only CSA Lic excluded. The issue with courier of CSA lic is their numbers will only be handed over by CSA representative on presentation of CSA lic proof. 

Been entering races since 98 and never once have i been asked to show my CSA Lic at number collection. The last 6  years I don't even have a lic. as i refuse to renew it 

Been entering races since 98 and never once have i been asked to show my CSA Lic at number collection. The last 6  years I don't even have a lic. as i refuse to renew it 

I experience it very differently, I often get asked for mine, even at one race in a small dorpie with about 10 entrants there was a vigilant CSA auntie asking proof of my membership. Guess it is different in the north of the country.

Do you ride CSA lic Elite/vet or open which is CSA membership. CSA lic elite/vet have a separate manned table at number collection, open the orgs use their own staff. 

Edited by scotty

Will make use of such a service. Most of the time collections are during office hours and only until 18:00.

Can't always get away from the office or get there in time after work due traffic, other commitments etc.

I do both cycling and running. Lets take the Tom Jenkins road run in Pretoria as an example. We stay in Pretoria hence the reason we entered for this run.

However Thursday & Fridays pre-number collections were in Jhb. So collecting your number the morning of the race with 5000 runners is not really an option nor the drive to Jhb during midweek.

There's definitely an opportunity for your service. PM me if you want to get serious, I might be able to help you.

I do most of the big races in Gauteng, often over 7000 runners and have never had a problem collecting my race number on the morning of the race.  You get there early enough to avoid the traffic and parking issues and collecting your number is a breeze.