Normal heart rate?

Nicomrs

FYI: Wrist rate watches are inaccurate, if I wear two one might be much higher than the other one. 

Can you confirm this? Would you like to elaborate on your testing methods?

Can you confirm this? Would you like to elaborate on your testing methods?

My Info is anecdotal but here it is.

I use a Garmin 500 with chest strap, the wife has a Forerunner 35 and my son has a Forerunner 35.

Sometimes there is a need for me to go for a ride with all 3 devices and the results are as follows and it is consistent and repeatable

Forerunner 35 1 is about 5 BPM higher than Garmin 500

Forerunner 35 2 is about 10 BPM higher than Garmin 500

Don't forget altitude. My heart rate is markedly higher in Johannesburg than at the coast.

Also, some folk just have bigger/smaller stroke volumes than others.

Hi all, i have a problem with my heart rate, during a ride i quickly go over 170bpm avg and 185 max, dont think this is normal or is it, i do mountain biking.

I have compared to other guys when mine is that high and they would then be at 150bpm.

How do i improve this, i am very fit at the moment but this bothers me.

I have compared monitors but my monitor seems right.

I did the test on a spinning bike and really struggled to get higher than 165 wit intense intervals.

After that back on my mountain bike and quickly back to 175+bpm on a hill.

I am very confused, where does this leave me?

I'm the same. On my MTB my HR typically runs a lot higher than on the spinning bike. I do road, MTB and spinning. And even a bit of IDT work.

I think it's because MTB is a far more immersive experience. You aren't just pushing pedals. You're balancing, steering etc too. Also there's less air flowing over you on a spinning bike so your perception of effort is higher. There's sweat pouring off of you but that's a function of cooling now necessarily of effort. 

Honestly i wouldn't worry about it and enjoy that your HR elevates quickly. As far as I know that's a good thing.

Well this is awkward,  Just had my vitality check, Resting HR 49 but BP is an issue 171/123 WTF. I know they are not related, but I have been told to stay off the bike until it is below 130/100. 

Damnation!

Well this is awkward,  Just had my vitality check, Resting HR 49 but BP is an issue 171/123 WTF. I know they are not related, but I have been told to stay off the bike until it is below 130/100. 

Damnation!

I'm not a doctor and this is not medical advice so please don't sue me if you die of a heart attack. But my doc says BP and cholesterol are a problem if high together. In isolation not a problem.

But don't take medical advice from a forum or google. Go see a doctor.

Don't forget altitude. My heart rate is markedly higher in Johannesburg than at the coast.

Also, some folk just have bigger/smaller stroke volumes than others.

And temperature... My heart rate goes through the roof in winter. Casual run last weekend and it was about 1 deg with icy rain and small hail and my heart rate was up to 170 the entire run