My plan for Sunday:

05:00 wake up

05:45 ride to start

07:04 start time

10:04 beer o’clock

11:00 ride home

12:00 ride straight into the pool

Glad you ride a sub 3.

Just a question to those that have done this race before.

With my start time of 08:12, i don't need to be at the stadium from before the first batch right? ie. be at the stadium waiting by 06:00 already?

I'm just checking that i would be able to get to the parking lots once the earlier batches have already begun or will i be blocked out with road closures?

With my start time of 08:12, i don't need to be at the stadium from before the first batch right? ie. be at the stadium waiting by 06:00 already?

I'm just checking that i would be able to get to the parking lots once the earlier batches have already begun or will i be blocked out with road closures?

Which side you coming from?

But, No you don't have to be there before the elites go off. If you are coming from the side we race towards then it will be a bit slower as there are road closures but you can still get in.

Which side you coming from?

But, No you don't have to be there before the elites go off. If you are coming from the side we race towards then it will be a bit slower as there are road closures but you can still get in.

Will be driving down from PTA.

So Google Maps is suggesting R21 South, N12 East, Atlas Road which then becomes Van Dyck Road. Will turn right onto Commissioner (as per Ride for Sight digimag suggestion), then left into Jubilee and to the stadium.

Just wasn't sure if the parking areas are closed off etc. before the first batches

Will be driving down from PTA.

So Google Maps is suggesting R21 South, N12 East, Atlas Road which then becomes Van Dyck Road. Will turn right onto Commissioner (as per Ride for Sight digimag suggestion), then left into Jubilee and to the stadium.

Just wasn't sure if the parking areas are closed off etc. before the first batches

So in previous years there was a "bottom" entrance open in dudley smith road and we used to approach from the back of the stadium and enter there and completely avoid jubilee. Last year it was closed as they were working there and the dirt road was gone. At least the side you coming from is not in the way of the race. The entrance into the stadium in jubilee is not the same as the start/finish straight entrance.

The start chutes are probably the best of any race in Gauteng. There really is no need to rush to get into your start batch, as they have a holding area for 6 (I think) different batches. You move into the final start batch about 5-10 minutes before your start time.

The queue to get into the parking can be long, but don’t be that guy that drives down the side of the queue and tries to push in at the entrance or robots close by. Once you’re in the stadium, it’s a few minutes and you’re at your start batch. The queue time, I’m guessing, is less than 10-20 minutes - I ride from home, so never have a parking problem.

If you give yourself an hour from arrival in the general area, you’ll have enough time to park, suit up, and even warmed up before moving to your start batch.

Plenty of parking both in the stadium and the open stretch of land opposite. 

IICR last year that park area across had been closed in and no one was able to park inside like previous years? I just seem to remember something like that.

Good luck for this weekend guys. I'll be overhearing the proceedings as I stay in the complex that borders the stadium grounds. You'll be racing along routes that I often train on. Be wary of the wind though, generally comes from N or NNW, so keep some in the tank for the slog back from Heidelberg into the wind. 

We've had a lot more wind than I'm used to this summer, but with luck it won't be too bad this weekend.

Oh, and if you could all ride a lap of the stadium's MTB track so that it can see some wheels and wear the trail in a bit that'd be great... Its tame enough for your skinny tyres to handle.  :whistling: