Cyclist stabbed near Misty Cliffs/ Soetwater

tubed

At about 4:15pm I came across a stopped car with 3 young Italians in a hire car and small group of young cyclists with an older guy from Masi, they were standing in disbelief at a commuter on an inexpensive mtb who had been stabbed several times and who was bleeding profusely. Christopher is a Malawian who commutes from Masi to Redhill, where he works as a security guard on one of the farms. Two youths probably from Ocean View (he assumes), stopped him and tried to rob him of his cellphone, he resisted, fought back and was stabbed several times, the worst being a slashed forearm. He will be ok, seems like a genuinely tough oke.

Just note, its not the Rastas who are usually just up the road who were involved.

He had an inexpensive bike and an inexpensive phone - but still they picked on him as he was alone.

Please take care if you are riding/ training alone on that stretch at this time of year.

At about 4:15pm I came across a stopped car with 3 young Italians in a hire car and small group of young cyclists with an older guy from Masi, they were standing in disbelief at a commuter on an inexpensive mtb who had been stabbed several times and who was bleeding profusely. Christopher is a Malawian who commutes from Masi to Redhill, where he works as a security guard on one of the farms. Two youths probably from Ocean View (he assumes), stopped him and tried to rob him of his cellphone, he resisted, fought back and was stabbed several times, the worst being a slashed forearm. He will be ok, seems like a genuinely tough oke.

Just note, its not the Rastas who are usually just up the road who were involved.

He had an inexpensive bike and an inexpensive phone - but still they picked on him as he was alone.

Please take care if you are riding/ training alone on that stretch at this time of year.

Hope he recovers, this is terrible