45k mtb?

Naz

as per the above i ventured onto the specialized site

i am only looking for bike for the odd weekend jaunt with my daughter nothing too hectic i assure you

are the ones +/- 10k and below on the site worth it or should i look at momsen, scott or such

For you or your daughter ?

For kids bikes - TITAN.  The way kids grow I have bought been buying bikes every 12 to 15 months !!  YES, the Momsen was a very good bike !!  But you still only get 50% back, if well looked after.  The TITANS are standing up WELL to a lot of trail riding.

The Spez kids bikes are "made in china" ... with low end components.  Seen my fair share of trail side brake downs of these .....  And I do like their adult bikes ... came CLOSE to buying one in February this year, ended up buying Giant.

The Rockhopper expert is a good buy at R8000, not often that you get an air fork at ths price point.

Make sure you order the correct size! See if you can find a Spez sizing app for the Rockhopper range on line.

if you can wait 2/3 months, there's a good chance that there is going to be some serious bargains going both 2nd hand and at shops looking for cashflow.

Winter?

I have seen and picked up the carbon Titan pro, it felt heavy given my bike at the time was about 10kg but that Titan still felt heavy. I would look at Scott Spark RC older model or even have a look on used market some seriously nice bikes in that price range.

Also agree to this. Titans are grreat value for money, but I also thought that they were heavy. 45k would get you a nice 2nd hand bike. Like the Scott Spark RC stated.

daughter has the Titan calypso disc thanks

its me that is looking

wish i could spend more but too many things to budget for in next few months

1. new study for daughter

2. new pc/ media set up

so budget bike is only thing right now as daughter is enjoying her riding for now

as per the above i ventured onto the specialized site

i am only looking for bike for the odd weekend jaunt with my daughter nothing too hectic i assure you

are the ones +/- 10k and below on the site worth it or should i look at momsen, scott or such

At that price range for an adult sized bike from the classifieds section may be your best bet.

LOTS of people start out with an entry level bike, and upgrade later.  These bikes end in the classifieds section and are good value for money.  Given the current economic climate many more decent bikes will come onto the second hand market .... In fact many shops have started massive sales campaigns.  More than ever, do your homework to make sure you are ready when a true deal comes along.   :thumbup:

Here are some information on the brand new Titan bikes, purely to get an idea of the the price range:

https://community.bikehub.co.za/features/_/gear/gear-news/titan-racing-launch-all-new-drone-hardtail-r8104

https://www.titanracingbikes.com/product/drone-calypso-expert/

Giant Durbanville - http://www.giantdurbanville.co.za/za/

Speak to Julien Louw or Raymond

They have a very nice entry level hard tail bike  (sorry, cant remember the brand now ... I just know it is not a Giant)

From Bike Addict -

https://bike-addict.co.za/?cmp_id=1070225252&adg_id=49271691781&kwd=bike%20addict&device=c&gclid=CjwKCAjwg6b0BRBMEiwANd1_SOy0a9daPRr8dsPiaJSWFJBN3EAyPJ1g8HuSpp1vha5CD57I3M1c1RoCWfoQAvD_BwE

MOST IMPORTANT - first figure out your size.  DONT be tempted to buy one size up, and especially dont buy a smaller size ..... and yes, sizes differ between brands, even between models of the same brand.