RockShox Updates DebonAir Air Spring For 2021

News bot

Need some info.

I have a RS revelation debonair 130mm fork

On the fork it has a 140mm line indicators as well, does that mean I can upgrade it to 140mm by just changing the airshaft? Or other components needed aswell?

I sent Droo at stoke a pm for costings and if possible but will most likely only get a reply during the week

Pics attached for reference

post-50002-0-43229500-1610211653_thumb.jpg

post-50002-0-44299500-1610211666_thumb.jpg

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Need some info.

I have a RS revelation debonair 130mm fork

On the fork it has a 140mm line indicators as well, does that mean I can upgrade it to 140mm by just changing the airshaft? Or other components needed aswell?

I sent Droo at stoke a pm for costings and if possible but will most likely only get a reply during the week

Pics attached for reference

Yes you could get it up to 160mm.

140mm should be a sweet spot on your bike.

Based on your serial number:

https://trailhead.rockshox.com/en/specs/37t83865840

https://trailhead.rockshox.com/en/upgrade-kits/37t83865840

I'm not exactly sure which of these two you need:

Air Spring Upgrade Kit - DebonAir 140mm (Includes DebonAirAssembly, sealhead) - PIKE B1+/Revelation A1+ (2018+)

Air Spring Upgrade Kit - DebonAir C1 - PIKE B1/REVELATION 140mm
Edited by MrJacques

Based on your serial number:

https://trailhead.rockshox.com/en/specs/37t83865840

https://trailhead.rockshox.com/en/upgrade-kits/37t83865840

I'm not exactly sure which of these two you need:

Air Spring Upgrade Kit - DebonAir 140mm (Includes DebonAirAssembly, sealhead) - PIKE B1+/Revelation A1+ (2018+)

Air Spring Upgrade Kit - DebonAir C1 - PIKE B1/REVELATION 140mm

I'm not sure which either.

But seems like I can just upgrade the airshaft to make it 140mm? No need for the charger upgrade too?

But seems like I can just upgrade the airshaft to make it 140mm? No need for the charger upgrade too?

Good question and I'm not sure of 100%, but from the little bit of searching it seems like it's only the air spring assembly that needs changing. I'll have to think about how that works, bc one might think the damper travel would need to match the spring's travel. Although in the past I've changed the travel of my fork by taken out a spacer and didn't need to change anything else.

I haven't found any conclusive on Google starting just need to upgrade shafts alone.

My view was also the damper needs to match the airshaft, unless the damper is already upto 140mm compatible

I'm hoping droo from stoke will give some input to hopefully tel me i only need the airshaft and no need to give out additonal cash

Just the air spring, you don't need to the charger damper.

You can and it'll cost you. But if you only want to increase travel then it's an airspring only

Just the air spring, you don't need to the charger damper.

You can and it'll cost you. But if you only want to increase travel then it's an airspring only

Shot bru, will then see how i can order this part in

Any ideas who stocks or can source this?

Else just go via stoked

Generally most mtb forks can extend 20mm extra from what they came out of the factory (well the damper can before it tops out on the Piston against the seal head)

I.e. A 120mm fork from the factory can be extended to 140mm easily by changing the airshaft.

This is very common on rockshox forks and some older fox forks.

Shot bru, will then see how i can order this part in

Any ideas who stocks or can source this?

Else just go via stoked

Anyone with Cape Cycle Systems account. If stoke is going to do the upgrade for you, have them order it as well.