Tubeless tyre refill after lockdown .Yes /No

FirstV8

Which begs the question - -- will the barrier tapes be OFF tomorrow, allowing access to these Level 5 forbidden products ?  Game certainly blocked access earlier this week ....

This is my only hope right now. Previously went into game thinking I could get something but wasn't allowed in that section.

• 3 months later...

Non issue.

My commuter uses SLUDGE (the one with the Rhino on the emblem)

Often my commuter stands for 2 or 3 months and the SLUDGE remains fine.  "Tested" this a few times since 2017 ...

Okayyyyyy .....

So finally brought my commuter bike home .... it stays in the office and when my program permits the car sleeps in the basement parking at work and I commuter by bike.  At least that was what I did 2017 to 2019 .....

November 2019 I was swamped with project deadlines and the commuter was not used ...

December 2019, the few weeks before we closed for the year, I had a varsity student job shadowing me .... so never got to use the commuter.

January 2020 my knee packed up while on the MTB .... by the time I got back to work I was doing physio and later bio sessions .... and I was not allowed to cycle

Lockdown ..... as I am still working from home 95% of the time, the commuter has now STOOD for 10 months !!!

So I brought the commuter home to check the tires, and the sludge .....  fully expecting a "ball" in the tire .....

Wheel on my bench-jig, tire slipped off the one side from the rim ..... 

Nice layer of sealant all around the inside of the tire.  And a nice layer of liquid in the bottom.   :thumbup:   :clap:

Simply LOVE "Sludge Uni-Seal"  :thumbup:

Given the "new normal" we are now doing way more Teams meetings, with significantly less site visits .... so I may well adopt a more normal approach of commuting from home on those days that I dont have scheduled meetings.  :thumbup:   This also means I can use the MTB to work on the odd occasion, with a nice trail ride after work ..... :clap:  Garage is beginning to look like a N+1 project though ...  :whistling:

Wheel on my bench-jig, tire slipped off the one side from the rim ..... 

Nice layer of sealant all around the inside of the tire.  And a nice layer of liquid in the bottom.   :thumbup:   :clap:

Simply LOVE "Sludge Uni-Seal"  :thumbup:

You lucky fish !

We are doing Breedts this weekend and doing some of the CrossCape in a few weeks time so I removed the Barzo/Saguaras from my GF's bike to fit the Panaracers SKs today.

First, when I broke the seal on the rim it pulled the rim-tape off so I had to re-do that, and second, I found a shriveled up worm of dried latex inside.

I'll try and find some Sludge "uni-seal" tomorrow to do hers and re-do my takkies as well.

Edited by eddy