Garmin HRM Straps - Warranty Swap Out?

Paul Ruinaard

• 6 months later...

Good Morning Everyone,

Here is another alternative that doesn't break the bank. Bought it recently and tested it out last night. Seems to work perfectly so far:

https://www.takealot.com/killerdeals-soft-universal-replacement-heart-rate-monitor-strap-/PLID53191641

Just as a side note. The strap is a bit shorter than the original Garmin strap. I nearly had to run it at full extension to fit me.

Good Morning Everyone,

Here is another alternative that doesn't break the bank. Bought it recently and tested it out last night. Seems to work perfectly so far:

https://www.takealot.com/killerdeals-soft-universal-replacement-heart-rate-monitor-strap-/PLID53191641

Just as a side note. The strap is a bit shorter than the original Garmin strap. I nearly had to run it at full extension to fit me.

That’s a great alternative. Also been using for a few months now. The rubber bit seems like it will last much longer than the Garmin ones.

Have anyone tried the strap from Decathlon? for R425 with a dual sensor it seems worth a try.

I'm Using One With a Garmin FR35 Works Like a Dream. (Ant+).

It also Connects to Strava App for Android (Bluetooth Smart) but I've Not Tested it Yet on a Ride.

The Strap is not as plush as the Polar but it Works 4 Me.

I'm thinking of buying another one for backup.

Edited by dasilvarsa

I am a very long time Polar user.  As far as HR goes, nothing is better.

At the moment I have a H10 that I can use with my watch, cycling computer or phone via Bluetooth.  It just work and I'm so used to the strap, don't even know its there while exercising.

Edit:  Added bonus, most of the equipment in the Gym also picks it up.

Edited by TheoG