Scott Spark - Pivot screw replacement

Dup08

It sucks that the guys at BOLT don't make mtb bolt kits.

For the mx bikes you can buy a spare bolt kit or track pack with all the spare odd sized bolts for your bike. Reckon they would make a killing with this.

Start collecting data on all the various sizes of pivot bolts and hardware and you'll find out pretty quickly why not...

• 6 months later...

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread...but this just happened to me. Quoted R1,900 for the pivot kit. Reasonable or not?

Edited by ScoobykingZA

Start collecting data on all the various sizes of pivot bolts and hardware and you'll find out pretty quickly why not...

ISO should have an fit when they look at the mtb industry.

Sorry for resurrecting an old thread...but this just happened to me. Quoted R1,900 for the pivot kit. Reasonable or not?

It's in the ballpark. Pre-2016 kits are more expensive than the more recent ones.

It's in the ballpark. Pre-2016 kits are more expensive than the more recent ones.

Thanks for the reply. Bike is a 2018 RC. Suppose I will have to bite the bullet and replace one broken pivot bolt.....with a few spare ones included. Eish.

• 1 year later...
3 hours ago, mrJohan said:

Hi. Anyone know where i can get only the bolts for pivots?

DM me which bolts you need with the year model of your bike and I’ll organise some for you on Monday.

Know someone that has a "almost" complete set of pivots for a previous gen Scott Spark, DM me your number I will pass it on, he wanted R500. I have a Scott Genius and I was hoping they are the same but sadly they are not.

I went to the start of the Thread, Same happened to me, Scott Genius, rear Pivot bushes, printed as 15NM, I did not even get to 10 and it snapped, I got and engineering company to make me custom bushes(benefits of being in the field), in with some thread lock and it better than before. The thread inside the OEM is also a special, it measures 11.7 OD with a fine pitch maybe 0.8mm

14 minutes ago, Dexter-morgan said:

I went to the start of the Thread, Same happened to me, Scott Genius, rear Pivot bushes, printed as 15NM, I did not even get to 10 and it snapped, I got and engineering company to make me custom bushes(benefits of being in the field), in with some thread lock and it better than before. The thread inside the OEM is also a special, it measures 11.7 OD with a fine pitch maybe 0.8mm

These bikes are known for their weak pivot bolts/bushings. Perhaps you can pass on your custom solution details. Reckon that guy could do good business considering you have to buy a complete set IF you can find any. I ended up using 1 bush out of the whole set, rest locked in the safe!

Just now, ScoobykingZA said:

These bikes are known for their weak pivot bolts/bushings. Perhaps you can pass on your custom solution details. Reckon that guy could do good business considering you have to buy a complete set IF you can find any. I ended up using 1 bush out of the whole set, rest locked in the safe!

Will take some pictures of my old bushes and new ones, post them in the morning.

Here are some pictures of my solution, assembled with some thread lock, I see the Genius Bushes are quite a bite beefier than the Spark

Scott Genius Rear Pivot.jpg

scott open bush.jpg

• 4 months later...

Hi all, 

Is there ANYONE that can assist with a couple (2 bushes/screws) for a Scott Spark, 2013, RC 900??

I need the one for the Chain and seat stay (lower one) and the upper on one the seat stay between seat stay and the pivot link. 

I would really appreciate some assistance. 

Thank you in advance. 

• 5 months later...

Hi Gents,

Not sure how but I just "lost"a bottom pivot bolt on my 2022 Scott Spark. No one is sure how this happened, even Scott.

I am hoping to come across someone here that can possibly assist with sourcing this bolt or kit.

Appreciate the assistance.