Ergomo Pro Test Results

bruce

And this - pertaining to the new Ergomo Pro;

"Yes it updates every revolution, but it uses 5 seconds of averages with each update. Start a sprint and notice the lag between when you put the power down and when the ergomo increases in wattage. Likewise, stop pedaling and see how long it takes to get to zero"

Those numbers you have there do look appreciably smoother than the PT as if they have been averaged over a period

Okay, so you are saying it is calculating a rolling 5 sec average, and updating it every second.  So each update contains average of current sample and previous 4 seconds of sampls.

Manual says one data record per crank turn which would lead to a variable sampling frequency - so, you may well be right.

Okay' date=' so you are saying it is calculating a rolling 5 sec average, and updating it every second.  So each update contains average of current sample and previous 4 seconds of sampls.

Manual says one data record per crank turn which would lead to a variable sampling frequency - so, you may well be right.

[/quote']

That's what I think is happening but could be wrong.

It would explain what we are seeing.

• 2 weeks later...

Bruce

What is the thing with the battery. I see the battery need to be recharged all the time.. Is this right? Isn't this getting to you..

according to ergomo site

"battery operation = 14 hours only.. "

"operating time = 23 hours for fully charged battery"

Pros and cons to the battery issue.  At first I thought this was a really cool feature, no more battery problems usually when there is no chance of getting a replacement.

Then when I started using it, I forgot to recharge it once and had the computer go into sleep mode during a ride (it doesn't wipe the data, but it stops recording).  So, then I thought this rechargeable battery was not the best idea.

Now, I have got into the routine of charging whenever I download.  Since the memory capacity is also 12 hours, you have to download in this timeframe anyway.  So, no more problems so far.

Bruce, to satisfy my curiosity would you please do a number of left legged intervals in between using the Computrainer set at a level which you would be comfortable at. i.e 2 minutes both legs, 2 minutes left leg, 2 minutes both etc.

Theoretically the Ergomo should record twice the power for the one-legged intervals.  Will try it out.

Theoretically the Ergomo should record twice the power for the one-legged intervals.  Will try it out.

It will do - there was a post on CF abouyt this very recently where the guy could not understand why he was getting double the power readings Wink

Don't be wasting your training time with this - you have serious work to do Big%20smile

eish' date=' I should never have posted that pebkac chirp, I think I'm gonna pay for it Ouch[/quote']

Yep - just doing that match analysis now Wink

Looks like them intervals bout to get harder boy LOL

It is a character trait requirement to be a sadist if you want to be a coach!!

Yes - of course (and a cyclist - or is that masochist)

Check your mail - life just got harder Star