Cane Creek Double Barrel Air IL

Thug

I built up a new Cotic Rocket about 18 months ago and decided that I wanted a Cane Creek Dbl Barrel Air IL for my rear shock.

I really enjoyed the shock and it never gave me any issues until yesterday.

Was riding at Cradle Moon with a few mates and after bunny hoping a log, the shock shaft broke away from its mount, dumped out all the oil and dented the steel downtube of the Cotic.

To say I'm notimpressed is an understatement. Definitely a design flaw.

5a115e623cb3c81b2bda3bdc6571b11b.jpg911b7789e51e32ff332bd7a4e6a144b4.jpge2eb05aa17e8ba6081aba115ede98adb.jpg

The inline airs have had issues for long I believe

If you bought it new AND stickied to the service schedule you might get A new frame and shock from COTIC

However if you didn't do either of those you must just get A fox shock (more reliable and far more parts and serviceability in RSA)

The frame should be fine, I've dented many cotic and none of them failed on me

I'm not too worried about the Cotic. That's why I ride steel bikes.

The CC I imported myself from Germany and had less than 500km on.

I'm not too worried about the Cotic. That's why I ride steel bikes.

The CC I imported myself from Germany and had less than 500km on.

Then you should be golden for a warranty replacement but man, good luck sorting that out now

Just some feedback.

I contacted the CC agents in Cape Town (Isiko Sports) and sent them an email together with photos.

I just got off the phone with Benjamin and Cane Creek will be replacing the shock. I'll just have to wait a while whilst they are waiting for parts to build the shock for me.

So notwithstanding that I purchased the shock in Germany, Isiko Sports and Cane Creek have come to the party. 

Excellent customer service.

Just some feedback.

I contacted the CC agents in Cape Town (Isiko Sports) and sent them an email together with photos.

I just got off the phone with Benjamin and Cane Creek will be replacing the shock. I'll just have to wait a while whilst they are waiting for parts to build the shock for me.

So notwithstanding that I purchased the shock in Germany, Isiko Sports and Cane Creek have come to the party. 

Excellent customer service.

That is awesome!

Isiko Sports has great service, if it wasn't for this virus and it's impact I would have my DBcoil IL Black by now for my Rocket  :( 

They even offered to service and rebuild the existing shock and update it to the new specs (obviously at a cost), whilst waiting for the new shock.

I'm going to take them up on that offer.

Some further feedback.

I couriered the broken shock down to Isiko on Monday afternoon and received it back on Wednesday morning.

Excellent turnaround time and big kudos to Benjamin and Isiko Sports.