Saddlebag Alternatives

slickjay007

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

2 water bottles in the frame, 1 x tube, mini pump, some self adhesive patches and levers, in the middle jersey back pocket, food in the right, and phone with Uber App in the left is all you need as a roadie.

Same setup for me but phone always in the right pocket and food in the left. I need my right hand for the phone for those quick on the bike snaps

2 water bottles in the frame, 1 x tube, mini pump, some self adhesive patches and levers, in the middle jersey back pocket, food in the right, and phone with Uber App in the left is all you need as a roadie.

Pretty much the same wrt to which pockets I use for what.  I lately also carry on long rides on new routes a power bank as the Garmin when it navigates chomps batteries so to enable me to charge the Garmin along the way.  But only on routes that I am not familiar with

I use an external HDD case. It holds my multi-tool, bombs, plugs, tyre levers and a whole bunch of other spares. It is rigid enough to get in and out of your jersey pocket and usually just short enough to sit below the pocket elastics, so it doesn't fall out. You can pick them up for like R100. 513NUIAr%2BPL._US500_.jpg

Been using a similar one to this, (just camera specific) and it's been working perfectly for years. Tiny, yet big enough to fit everything but a tube in there. Even a spare set of brake pads. Bought mine from Outdoor Warehouse for under R200.