2020 Wines2Whales Cancelled

Dirt De Vil

Its a 202km team time trial on open roads. If there is an official photographer or beer tent at the end, its not going to stop it happening. Now just to train to do an actual non stop 200km ride! Also need someone that knows what they doing in the support car!

But it is no more. It is 3 TT's with way many free miles. Currently I think is is only 170km, with free miles built in.

It is a funride walk in the park. 

But then we need to be uber expensive bike Byers 

Edited by TDFN

I’ll be surprised if powers that be allow DC to happen.

All other races subjected to 50 entrants etc why would DC be exception.

But it is no more. It is 3 TT's with way many free miles. Currently I think is is only 170km, with free miles built in.

It is a funride walk in the park. 

But then we need to be uber expensive bike Byers 

Not sure you are understanding  :mellow:

I’ll be surprised if powers that be allow DC to happen.

All other races subjected to 50 entrants etc why would DC be exception.

Starting groups should be less than 50, races allowed to have up to 300 people (including staff)

So if you spread it over 2 days you can have almost 600 entrants

Not sure if it is viable for the DC but maybe?

DC is in November.....

we'll be at Level 1 by then.

W2W can't go ahead because its impossible to fulfill the obligations of the event to the entrants.

DC's only challenge is maintaining separation of teams.

besides, anyone can have their own DC since its on public roads

Edited by DieselnDust

DC is in November.....

we'll be at Level 1 by then.

W2W can't go ahead because its impossible to fulfill the obligations of the event to the entrants.

DC's only challenge is maintaining separation of teams.

besides, anyone can have their own DC since its on public roads

This man gets it. And one would have to ride the full 202km in one go. (for those that are worried about a fun ride)

Its a 202km team time trial on open roads. If there is an official photographer or beer tent at the end, its not going to stop it happening. Now just to train to do an actual non stop 200km ride! Also need someone that knows what they doing in the support car!

Practically .... the stop zones are so stretched out it is possibly safer than going to the shop for bread .....

Tour de France and similar road races may be thee decider for DC and other SA road races .... if there is a big surge in covid during these events it may well impact badly on us .... hopefully a covid free TdF will give some bargaining power to our organisers....

Practically .... the stop zones are so stretched out it is possibly safer than going to the shop for bread .....

Tour de France and similar road races may be thee decider for DC and other SA road races .... if there is a big surge in covid during these events it may well impact badly on us .... hopefully a covid free TdF will give some bargaining power to our organisers....

I dont think people actually look at COVID stats ever to make COVID regulations or restritions. They just suck their thumb and then roll a dice and then decide. There is no logic behind any regulation. 

Like Gyms, limit of 50 people, so Gyms that can accommodate 700 people can only have 50 but tiny gyms that can only fit 40 people can be 100% full. 

Ministers realised 1/2 through lock down that COVID is a non issue and that driving, drinking, gang violence etc were the actual pandemics. 

Back on topic. 

fully agree .... unfortunately.

Which why a "negative perception" at TdF may used to tank our hopes ...

Lets HOPE the inverse can be worked by the organisers ....

Eternal optimist ....