Not so virtual ride Jo'burg

Prince

Charity ride is R750 for 50km around Steyn City. Maybe not.

I would have preferred the proper virtual thing like Amashova are doing.

Charity ride is R750 for 50km around Steyn City. Maybe not.

I would have preferred the proper virtual thing like Amashova are doing.

I don't get the thread title.

I clicked on the link and it isn't advertised or billed as a virtual ride. So what is the problem with it? Other than an insane cost, but your quandary with the virtual part seems weird to me.

I clicked on the link and it isn't advertised or billed as a virtual ride. So what is the problem with it? Other than an insane cost, but your quandary with the virtual part seems weird to me.

and as for the cost, it is billed as a charity fund raiser, so consider the R750 a charity donation.

If I'm not mistaken if you enter something like the 947 or CTCT under a charity it is also a rather steep fee

They initially sent out a teaser as " not so virtual" so i incorrectly assumed it would be on the same basis as the Amashova. Bad assumption.

and as for the cost, it is billed as a charity fund raiser, so consider the R750 a charity donation.

If I'm not mistaken if you enter something like the 947 or CTCT under a charity it is also a rather steep fee

I last did a charity entry about 9-10 years ago, and it was a steep entry fee. They would then distribute proceeds to their charities. Sometime since those years, they changed it to an entry only, and the fundraiser was done directly through the charity, and not through 947’s books.

Now it seems R750 is through their books, so part income and part charity donation.