TALENTED RIDERS

MEYER

PLEASE HELP. WHEN DO YOU NO IF I RIDER IS TALENTED INOFF   TO RIDE PRO IN S.A AND HAVE THE TALENT TO GO OVER SEASE .

I agree with Colonel .............. racing includes talent and marketability and if you can't spell the basics then there's no hope......................that's it!!

DIT LYK VIR MY ALMAL KAN SPEL,MAAR NIEMAND KAN VIR MY HELP NIE, DIT IS N VRAAG WAT DAIE MENSE MY AL GEVRA HET.

Please help.When do you know if a rider is talented enough to ride pro in S.A. and has the talent to go overseas.

In my opinion, if he/she is winning races and doing well at a national level it would be a good indication of wether or not he/she is talented enough to be a South African pro and go overseas. You can also do all kinds of tests to determine their natural ability, by testing VO2 Max and power output.

BUT, it's all relative.

I don't know, but i'm guessing, so hope it helps.

Firstly if someone has a passion for the sport it is a big plus from a mental side of things and they will get to much higher heights than others who only does it to loose weight/stay healthy...that type of thing.

Then...if the said person can perform on a simple bike and push the limits until he/she can't get any more out of that bike, and then has to upgrade to perform better.

It is not too hard to be thrilled by cycling if you've got all the best gear and equipment from the start. The challenge is in loving it and wanting to be on a bike everyday, regardless.

lastly...talent is excellent, but without dedication you're going nowhere!

It is not too hard to be thrilled by cycling if you've got all the best gear and equipment from the start. The challenge is in loving it and wanting to be on a bike everyday' date=' regardless.

lastly...talent is excellent, but without dedication you're going nowhere!
[/quote'] You got my vote.

no-one can answer that question other than the rider himself. for instance was Robbie Hunter a brilliant junior cyclist? i can't remember him from his junior days. but he had the dedication to go o/seas and stick it out until he made it in the pro ranks. has he "made it" yet? the best person to answer that would be Robbie himself.

If you can be consitent in a full racing program, always at the top in the crucial moments of a race you must have some sort of talent. To make it overseas I think you need more than that, hard work, dedication, a will to be there, sacrifices, everything needs to be just cycling. Its not only about talent.

He is seriously talented when he wins the hardest Belgian junior classic in his 2nd season in Europe. He is ready to go over if he can successfully conquer previous setbacks, focus on the goal and is prepared to achieve it in a dedicated fashion.

DIT GAAN NIE OOR MY SEUN NIE,DIT IS IN DIE ALGEMEEN, EK WONDER NET,DIT IS SO N LANG MOELIKE PAD.

IMO it is easy to spot talented riders... they are the ones who are able to adapt to training quickly (and have a fast recovery rate) and require less training then their peers to perform at similar levels. A rider with Talent is also able to push himself to the limit...

Of course all this is meaningless unless the rider has the hunger and determination to train hard.

You can spot the guys with natural ability in the local races easily... some guys have to train 400-600km to be competitive in the elite ranks whilst others are getting by on 200km... the ones who are doing 200km have more potential if they are prepared to do the extra work... its that simple.