Obtaining information

Edereese

Good morning guys.

He made and illegal U turn, failed to indicate doing so and crosses two solid lines, results, me colliding with the rear driver side of the vehicle.

Quick question to all the legal experts out there. I was involved in an accident. Unfortunately, at the time I was so confused/ angry/ pain etc and a lady that arrived on the scene advised me to relax and she will get all his information. I took pictures of the vehicle, disc and his license. When I got home and checked the page she gave me, there was no contact number and address. I have found the guy on Facebook and inboxed him with no reply. I have forwarded all information to my insurance.

What is the legal route OR to protect myself in getting the owners details of the vehicle based on information required and if I do get that info and the owner is a different person, how do I go about contacting the owner without getting myself into trouble.

Also, I know the insurance do their own detective work, but it’s the fact that he has now ghosted next that upsets me.

Lastly, if I sustained injuries which I did, can I hold him liable for the bills not covered by my medical aid?

Thanks

Go to the police and report the accident with the details you have (sounds more than adequate) - your insurance should take care of the rest. Don't try and handle it yourself as your insurer will have teams of people dedicated to recovering their losses wherever possible and you can only damage their case.

If you don't have adequate insurance then hire a lawyer and expect to run up some very big bills before you stand any chance of recovering anything realistically.

Edited by Edge_Design

Good morning guys.

He made and illegal U turn, failed to indicate doing so and crosses two solid lines, results, me colliding with the rear driver side of the vehicle.

Quick question to all the legal experts out there. I was involved in an accident. Unfortunately, at the time I was so confused/ angry/ pain etc and a lady that arrived on the scene advised me to relax and she will get all his information. I took pictures of the vehicle, disc and his license. When I got home and checked the page she gave me, there was no contact number and address. I have found the guy on Facebook and inboxed him with no reply. I have forwarded all information to my insurance.

What is the legal route OR to protect myself in getting the owners details of the vehicle based on information required and if I do get that info and the owner is a different person, how do I go about contacting the owner without getting myself into trouble.

Also, I know the insurance do their own detective work, but it’s the fact that he has now ghosted next that upsets me.

Lastly, if I sustained injuries which I did, can I hold him liable for the bills not covered by my medical aid?

Thanks

Thanks for the response. I have spoken to the assessor and he advised me to sit back and relax. The information provided is more then enough to track him down. Their priority is to sort me out and then they will go looking for him.