Another cyclist killed...

Mojoman

I scored in the classifieds last week by getting the first iteration of this, the RTL500, for R500. An absolute bargain for the peace-of-mind it gives. It didn't miss a single car, and had no false positives on my long ride over the weekend. 

Can definitely recommend if you can pick one up for a good price.

As you say, not a complete solution. Maybe if supplemented with a mirror on the end of the handlebar, this will be very valuable. The radar gives you the forewarning that a car is approaching, and you can visually see the approach by just glancing at the mirror...

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Agreed. It’s a good tool to help with awareness. It obviously won’t prevent drunk drivers from smashing into cyclists though :(

Originally designed by SAns....

Yissis!! I once caught a taxi in Harare. The driver was so gesuip that I had to grab the wheel multiple times for us to not have a head on.

It's terrifying putting your life in the hands of a drunkard in a foreign country.

Hailed a cab in New York some years ago, When I realised he was drunk I hopped out and hailed another one. This dude was recently off the boats and blabbered a lot in Urdu. At least he was sober but his driving..... I reckon a dronkie could have driven better