BMC's Famous Hubride 12/07/2008

BMCfan

Some more info like confirmed distance' date=' duration, ave speed, time of day, coffee stops, metres climbed, you know all the detailed stuff Ouch[/quote']

Where u riding from? From Andrag to Andrag +- 175 - 180km and 1900m elevation. A good pace for you would be about 6hrs including 10-15 mins stop at Shop in Franschoek for refule and thaw.

There is always wind to contend with somewhere. I have yet to do this without wind!!!!!!

An easy pace is 6.5 to 7hrs.

hey dick... you gonna join us? the more the merrier. especially when it gets windy. Its no fun when theres only 4 of you and the donkeys keep riding away from you Embarrassed

• Replies 330
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks Dick!

I think i'll tackle the Andrag 2 Andrag closer to DC

At the moment i'm just struggling through winter!

I will be riding from andrag - 50 to 55mins to S/W so those that want can meet at Andrag at 07:00 then we can join the rest in S/W.

Let me know who is comming.

I will be riding from andrag - 50 to 55mins to S/W so those that want can meet at Andrag at 07:00 then we can join the rest in S/W.

Let me know who is comming.

jeez dick, thats sooooo temptingBig%20smile

i'm just 100% sure i wont make 180kmDead

4 Passes Route

135km

Starting @ 8:00 @ Somerset Mall

4H30 - 5H00 ride @ +/- 27.0km/h average

We will stop in Franshoek.

N2 over sir lowrys pass. Left into grabouw. Left @ apple orchards towards theewaters. left after the bridge @ theewaters towards franschoek. stop in franschoek for food/coffee/beer. left at pniel towards helshoogte' date=' then from stellenbosch back to somerset west

Confirmed

1)FanD

2)BMC Fan

3)Onetime

4)Rello

5)FanieFiets

6)Tromps

7)Pappabear

[/quote']

Jy vra nog - count me in!!!!! Maar kan 'n paar van die ander manne dan bulte ry? LOL

4 Passes Route

135km

Starting @ 8:00 @ Somerset Mall

4H30 - 5H00 ride @ +/- 27.0km/h average

We will stop in Franshoek.

N2 over sir lowrys pass. Left into grabouw. Left @ apple orchards towards theewaters. left after the bridge @ theewaters towards franschoek. stop in franschoek for food/coffee/beer. left at pniel towards helshoogte' date=' then from stellenbosch back to somerset west

Confirmed

1)FanD

2)BMC Fan

3)Onetime

4)Rello

5)FanieFiets

6)Tromps

7)Pappabear

[/quote']

Jy vra nog - count me in!!!!! Maar kan 'n paar van die ander manne dan bulte ry? LOL

Ja ja. Ek weet ek sukkel met die bultjies maar ek sal my bes probeer om by te bly.Dead

Kyk hier, sonder om snaaks te wees... Sir Louwry's Pass????Dead Ek weet ek is fiks, of amper, maar o donnnnner...Shocked

Julle gaan my mos dood maak!Confused

Kyk hier' date=' sonder om snaaks te wees... Sir Louwry's Pass????Dead Ek weet ek is fiks, of amper, maar o donnnnner...Shocked

Julle gaan my mos dood maak!Confused[/quote']

Not as bad as you think. The pass is almost identical to that of Franschoek from the back. Grade and distance, however Sir is way easier as the legs are still fresh..............................

So u comming YES!!

Looking at the list there are some serious speed freaks so Yippee sub 7hrs or what??

HAHAHA Dick!!

I guess i'll rename the ride to Race around the Pass thenWink

I'll try and keep up, but will use the excuse that i had to hang on to the back of the bunch to take picsTongue obvious with you in frontThumbs%20Up

Note not I too much work and not enough play/cycling etc. I am the ultimate wheelsucker............... just ask!

oh ja where is 50C and oom Pops???

i thought about them today

will email them in the morning!

i wonder if Marius & Lilo will grace us with their presence???

Oi i have been asleep the whole time. I thought it was this weekend. OK so so it's not. So who is doing it this Sunday? It should be clear by then.

Note not I too much work and not enough play/cycling etc. I am the ultimate wheelsucker............... just ask!

oh ja where is 50C and oom Pops???

50c is unhubbed........will talk to him the weekend and send pops a mail as well.