Ladies saddle

KelG

Hi all

I’m looking for a ladies saddle that works , I don’t wanna waste money buying several

I’m a forward rider more than upright so recommendations is appreciated

Start by getting your undercarriage measured.

A good shop will have a device of sorts that you sit on to measure the distance between your sit bones to determine the width of the saddle you need.

From there you can look at the ladies specific saddles from Ergon or Specialized etc.

Forgot to add: a good shop will have demo saddles available to try. A saddle should be comfortable from the start. Don't believe that "a saddle needs to break in, or you need to get used to your saddle". 

I've commented on these ladies saddle threads more than I can count.

Like I've said before, we went through about 6 saddles before she was happy, and now in the end, across 3 bikes, she's got various different Specialized saddles. So that's where I would start. Go to Spaz, get measured, get a loaner and give it a shot. For the girls it is worth the cost. 

I've got all different saddles from different brands across my 3 bikes and I couldn't really care. She, cares, a lot.

Also have a look at the SQLab saddles that GPM sports supplies locally. Mathias is extremely helpful and the saddles are very comfortable

I’d recommend ISM. Their saddles are game changers! I started with on on my track bike so I could get comfortable in the pursuit position, and it’s equally well suited for my bunch racing position. And then put one on my road bike (a different style/fit) and it’s also incredibly comfortable. You can’t judge it on the first ride, because it basically cradles the pelvic girdle so you are sitting on a totally different part so there is some soft tissue bruising almost on the first ride. But after that you can literally ride for daaaays without any discomfort. They have a number of different styles and widths, depending on application so you’d need to get some good guidance and a fit before selecting the ones you want. And get someone knowledgeable to do the setup, it must be set up quite differently on the rails to a regular saddle.

Start by getting your undercarriage measured.

A good shop will have a device of sorts that you sit on to measure the distance between your sit bones to determine the width of the saddle you need.

From there you can look at the ladies specific saddles from Ergon or Specialized etc.

Specialized has the Assometer

http://cyclingsisters.blogspot.com/2009/05/assometer.html

14280760_0.jpg

sit-bone-width.jpg?v=1528241007

Edited by splat