Guide needed - Spruit this Sunday

KDEE

Jeez thanks guys, there are some generous guys out there!

7.30 am????? I dont even have a winter jacket to ride in! Dont you guys have kids that you can get up so early in the morning, ( mine keep me up till late on weekend nights ).

Phatties are us and the Cresta Wheelers sounds good, although I must admit that Im keen to ride in a smaller group at first... ( less people to shout at me when I stop halfway up the hill to vomit )

Slowpoke, I will follow where you decide..... at least there will be two of us that can say ' I told you I was slow and unfit, so now you bladdy well wait'

Aish but Rivonia and N1... I will have to leave home at 6.30am... bloody hell...

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Phatties are us and the Cresta Wheelers sounds good' date=' although I must admit that Im keen to ride in a smaller group at first... ( less people to shout at me when I stop halfway up the hill to vomit )
[/quote']

It's a roadie club and there normally only pitch about 4-8 people.

It is quite cold next to the water in the morning but with the right gear it's fine. A set of winter gloves, base layer, top layer and armwarmers, long tights and earwarmers are fine.

KDEE, I'm leaving my place at 7h30 Saturday morning.  You are more than welcome to join me... I probably don't ride as fast as the rest of these guys.  I'll be doing a 'short' loop from Delta Park to Emmarentia and back.. my training partner is in the UK so I could use the company

Phatties are us and the Cresta Wheelers sounds good' date=' although I must admit that Im keen to ride in a smaller group at first... ( less people to shout at me when I stop halfway up the hill to vomit )

[/quote']

It's a roadie club and there normally only pitch about 4-8 people.

It is quite cold next to the water in the morning but with the right gear it's fine. A set of winter gloves, base layer, top layer and armwarmers, long tights and earwarmers are fine.

Arm warmers, leg warmers, ear muffs....???? I thought this was a MTB ride, are we not supposed to be toughLOL

Mampara, it sounds good, but this 7.30 thing next to the water is scaring me... I dont own arm/leg warmers and ear muffs!

It's only very cold the first 30 minutes. After that it's just normal cold untill the halfway mark.

BTW, so you've never rode a bike in the cold? Even on the road the arm and knee warmers has been out for months already.

I've got riding scheduled for Sunday morning, just no clue where to go! I may join SP/KDEE/Nancy for a ride. If every one can meet in Paulshof I can ride there from home, otherwise we can start wherever.

Can I bribe everyone with a braai at my place afterwards? Wink

@ 7:30, feeling will return to your toes and fingers on the return journey.

@ 6:30, feeling will return once ride is finished and you've had a piping hot shower.

@ 7:30' date=' feeling will return to your toes and fingers on the return journey.

@ 6:30, feeling will return once ride is finished and you've had a piping hot shower.

[/quote']

@ 5:30, feeling will return when you're cremated after kicking the bucket after freezing to death.

Dead

It's only very cold the first 30 minutes. After that it's just normal cold untill the halfway mark.

BTW' date=' so you've never rode a bike in the cold? Even on the road the arm and knee warmers has been out for months already.

[/quote']

Mapara, you have to understand, this 40 yr old has just returned to cycling after some years and after a extremely cold ride with some rain with JMBC, I have developed an aversion to this cold stuff..Smile

KDEE, i'm keen to join up with EB - mampara has already been subjected to my slow riding once this year already. i have spare arm and legwarmers as long as you fall into the "M" size range?

Slowpoke, Im up for that and thanks you for your kind offer... If I dont get legwarmers before then, I will use them.. At least will be two of us so we can form a majority as to the slow riding.....Big%20smile Hog, why dont you join us then on Sunday?

Mampara, I will join your ride another Sunday then if you dont mind, once Im a little fitter...

EB, can you pmdirections to your office for Sunday morn..?

Thanks as well to all the offers from everyone, every day on this forum just shows me just how bloody decent most cyclists are...Thumbs%20Up

BTW, does it look completely tappit for a MTB rider to wear leg warmers with baggies........................................

I must apologise big time. I did not see the "Sunday" part. All I saw was "ride" and "spruit" and offered to ride it. We ride Saturday mornings and not Sunday mornings.

Hog' date=' why dont you join us then on Sunday?

[/quote']

I'd love to! So what time can I expect you guys at my place? the Spruit is about 1km down the hill from me...

Wink

Hog.. Sunday's out for me, my sister's visiting from Cape Town, the braai idea sounds good for another day, IF SP brings some of that famous chocolate cake Smile

Hog' date=' why dont you join us then on Sunday?

[/quote']

I'd love to! So what time can I expect you guys at my place? the Spruit is about 1km down the hill from me...

Wink

No idea, Im hoping EB is going to step in here as you could end reading the whole Sunday Times before we get there If I give a time..