Guide needed - Spruit this Sunday

KDEE

I-FLY .... HUGE HUGE HUGE thank you for the help - i'd have had to carry my poor babyt he whole way back to the car if you hadn't fixed him for me!

HugHugHugHugHugHugHugHugHug

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

d-r neither him nor wildog_a ate so much as a slice of choccie cake last time i offered to them... so i dunno if it will be appreciated... *sulk*

ShockedShocked SHOCK HORROR...!!! tut tut tut SP. You've learned the wrong lesson... Nothing wrong with White Lightning, you should be washing your bike after every ride and scrubbing your chain clean with a chain cleaner and biodegradable de-greaser after every ride and then re-lubing it when it's dry before every ride. Squirting lube on a dirty gunky chain is just asking for chain suck...

ShockedShocked SHOCK HORROR...!!! tut tut tut SP. You've learned the wrong lesson... Nothing wrong with White Lightning' date=' you should be washing your bike after every ride and scrubbing your chain clean with a chain cleaner and biodegradable de-greaser after every ride and then re-lubing it when it's dry before every ride. Squirting lube on a dirty gunky chain is just asking for chain suck...[/quote']

Okay, this is a hijack that got nothing to do with the ride but the age old "how/with what to lube with" subject.

I wish I could show you pics from my bike yesterday. I'm riding Rock 'n Roll Extreme (blue) on the MTB at the moment. I put it on last Sunday morning before the ride on the spruit. I commuted the 3 days this week with it on and did a ride on Saturday morning and Sunday afternoon. Never a missed gear or chain suck. The whole drivetrain still "clean". To clean I sprayed some Cleen Green Lemon concentrate on it and just rinced it off. It lookes shiny and new again. I've got half a bottle of blue and just over a full bottle of red lube available to use before I will try Boeshield T-9.

Okay, hijack off.

You started it ! Chain-suck will not be resolved does not matter what lube you use but a clean DT goes a long way to preventing it . Been using a mixture of lubes (anything that I can get my hands on) and they do the same thing , collect dirt .

Hi All,

Thanks very much for a totally fab ride! I thoroughly enjoyed it and so did my friend. Thanks i hope we do it again some time!

I use the gold Rock'n'Roll and it too washes off easily with kleen green, but investing in and using a hundred buck Barberi chain scrubber gives me that little bit extra piece of mind...

K no more hijacking from me...

I Fly do you now carry those spares with you ? smiley36.gif

Yes. And I even remember the lesson from you at Walkerville last year.Thumbs%20Up

Echo what PB says' date=' was a great introductory ride for me... Facts...

cut...cut...cut...

7. Nameless editor of a cycling magazine thought it was hilarious that 2 hub members were having a smoke whilst waiting for a bike to be repaired and of course will take a photo..

cut...cut...cut...

[/quote']

sh*t, now you tell meEmbarrassed. I don't wanna see a pic of myself in a magazine, "double clutching" a smoke with a red hot coal, posing for a picLOL

Which magazine?

Hey Para, nice to finally meet you.

Once the rugby games get a bit later will definitely join you guys for the long haul down to Paulshof.

mrmed, considering it was the lady herself taking the pics i feel safe placing a bet that they won't end up anywhere else!

mrmed' date=' considering it was the lady herself taking the pics i feel safe placing a bet that they won't end up anywhere else![/quote']

This could be taken 2 ways:

won't end up anywhere else - ie: end up nowhere

OR

won't end up anywhere else - ie: nowhere else, BUT the Ride magazineLOL

Pocketbikes2008-07-10 19:23:13