Sick note for School

Long Wheel Base

If the schools start firing children for not giving a doctors note for being off for 2 days, and kids start taking the schools to the CCMA, the above might make a bit more sense. 

Until then, most parents didn't moan one peep about paying full school fees for the last year even though the kids were barely there, and the parents themselves had to do much of the schooling, while still working full time to pay for those fees. So, some of that same courtesy and understanding can extend the other way too. 

Dont be silly

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Yep, at least in our school Grade R is considered a "proper" school year so it is not a trivial thing to just let them stay at home for a few days because the kids follow a set curriculum. Few years back we took my son out for a few days to take along when I did the Sani2C. Teacher threw quite a hissy fit  :eek:

This is correct. My wife is a grade R teacher and she said the same

And it is right here where there is everything wrong with the education system.

As in, you miss 2 days of school and you fall behind on the curriculum. At age 5, the pressure is already on them to perform and conform. Let alone the stress factors this places on the teachers. I have realised there is just so much wrong with this.

In this contract of yours, I assume it details the parent hearings and disciplinary procedures. Has this been signed off by the Dept of Basic Education ?

Tell 'em to go jump in a lake.

And it is right here where there is everything wrong with the education system.

As in, you miss 2 days of school and you fall behind on the curriculum. At age 5, the pressure is already on them to perform and conform. Let alone the stress factors this places on the teachers. I have realised there is just so much wrong with this.

In this contract of yours, I assume it details the parent hearings and disciplinary procedures. Has this been signed off by the Dept of Basic Education ?

Tell 'em to go jump in a lake.

2 days off in a row now, has nothing on the forced home schooling over the last year.

2 days off in a row now, has nothing on the forced home schooling over the last year.

One thing I will not miss about school after this year is the prettiness.. Jissie they have more important things to worry about.. these little trivial things aren't important..

Edit

Also covering school books and fixing textbooks.. If you have boys you have to reinforce everything.. I won't miss that either.

Edited by Gen