Sick note for School

Long Wheel Base

ours state rather clearly that if you are off sick you should not be logging onto the online class that runs in parallel to the inclass lesson

That's pretty narrow minded. You might be at home to not infect the other kids, but be feeling well enough to not be left behind by the teaching. 

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

So my wife says it is also in our school contract. I didn't read that thing.

Tell me your kids go to a private school, without telling me your kids go to a private school

Tell me your kids go to a private school, without telling me your kids go to a private school

Ha ha ha.. Public schools have that in their rules and code of Conduct too.

It's Grade R, I think pretty much all grade Rs are private or at least semi private. Even the ones linked to a government are private. My kids are probably going to a government primary school and the Grade R my oldest is at now is linked to the school but it is considered private. I may be wrong but I don't think there are any government Grade Rs in my area and I don't live in a larney area at all.

If the Grade R is affiliated to a school that offers Gr1-7, then they probably need the sick note as the school needs to submit absentee reports to the GED.

If a private Grade R, then I would not be too concerned

I tell them to bugger off. There is enough authoritarianism around at the moment. Now you have schools wanting in on it.

I can understand why they would want it in a normal situation, but right now they can chill a bit. People and the doctors have enough other problems.

Edited by Patchelicious

It's Grade R, I think pretty much all grade Rs are private or at least semi private. Even the ones linked to a government are private. My kids are probably going to a government primary school and the Grade R my oldest is at now is linked to the school but it is considered private. I may be wrong but I don't think there are any government Grade Rs in my area and I don't live in a larney area at all.

was just pulling your leg. My kids went to private junior..and I am very much not a larney..far from it

P.S just tell them you got a telephonic script from your doc because he had already seen the twins. 

Yep, at least in our school Grade R is considered a "proper" school year so it is not a trivial thing to just let them stay at home for a few days because the kids follow a set curriculum. Few years back we took my son out for a few days to take along when I did the Sani2C. Teacher threw quite a hissy fit  :eek:

This is correct. My wife is a grade R teacher and she said the same

What's the issue?

I would suspect you have signed the conduct rules etc etc which spells out what the rules are.

Just get the note and move on

What's the issue?

I would suspect you have signed the conduct rules etc etc which spells out what the rules are.

I have no issue getting a note. I was just wondering if this is standard practice these days.

ours state rather clearly that if you are off sick you should not be logging onto the online class that runs in parallel to the inclass lesson

I received the pack of work via sibling post. Oh hell I totally  forgot about the online school as well.  They have webcams in every class room too.

Your post reminded me  :blush:  

What's the issue?

Both Parents and doctors have enough to deal with right now. I don’t see why some nondescript beurocrat should be imposing unnecessary admin and ball ache, just cos he has another box to check. I’m with Patch on this one. Let them take a flying leap.

Both Parents and doctors have enough to deal with right now. I don’t see why some nondescript beurocrat should be imposing unnecessary admin and ball ache, just cos he has another box to check. I’m with Patch on this one. Let them take a flying leap.

You are wrong

Its a piece of cake.Like a doctor writing a script.

Nowadays its emailed to you as a regularity.

Try seeing that fly at the CCMA when the company you work for gives you the boot for telling them to get stuffed because Doctors have more important things to worry about.

You are wrong

Try seeing that fly at the CCMA when the company you work for gives you the boot for telling them to get stuffed because Doctors have more important things to worry about.

Ya, I hear you.

You are wrong

If the schools start firing children for not giving a doctors note for being off for 2 days, and kids start taking the schools to the CCMA, the above might make a bit more sense. 

Until then, most parents didn't moan one peep about paying full school fees for the last year even though the kids were barely there, and the parents themselves had to do much of the schooling, while still working full time to pay for those fees. So, some of that same courtesy and understanding can extend the other way too.