Help from the experts - Lanseria

Adding my 2 cents, 

- People are creatures of habit (Already mentioned)

- My local trail has great coffee, but the barista knows me, personal attention, built up over time

- I travel for great service and a differentiating factor (that is just me)

- It is about the get together, the ride and the after ride coffee / hang out / chat (friends / friendship built over time)

So the question is, what is different that will make me (or any other person) change from their local spot where it is more about the after ride kuier and friendships and personalised attention?

I am all open for change, but then what is the factor you bring that will make me change and ditch my current venue?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

My few cents only...most of the comments is related to what you can offer. You will need some sort of strategy in order to get traffic to you whether it is a totally new client(never ventured to any other place) or an existing new client (BA is an example). People in general wants to see what they get for their spend. Think about this scenario if I get something for free...and a nearby place offers the same but at a price...will I suddenly move...not easily. Untill something happens at this "free" place people will not easily move. Take the suggestion as already mentioned and visit the regular places as mentioned especially over weekends and see what they offer and the vibe. Go back and sit down and do your analysis and see what you can see as a possible weekness in their offering. Bridge the gap and try to offer the same...and also mentioned market yourself...signs flyers etc.

Also mentioned their is no secret to success it takes hard work untill the point when you want to give up...only then things will get better.

Good Luck

I will be trying your park and ride this Saturday and already contacted you via Whatsapp to arrange. In my view R20 is reasonable for parking.

For me coming from the Northern Suburbs I think your location is ideal. It is past the horrible roadworks at Broad Acres and not as far as Valverde so in my view the ideal location.

Look forward to trying it out and giving feedback. 

I tried Pitstop Lanseria today and it was perfect. Friendly hostess, a nice cup of strong tasty coffee and my car was behind a secure fence in shaded parking with a lovely garden. 

Will definitively go back.

I tried Pitstop Lanseria today and it was perfect. Friendly hostess, a nice cup of strong tasty coffee and my car was behind a secure fence in shaded parking with a lovely garden. 

Will definitively go back.

Thank you Dirk. Lovely to have you. Good luck with your race. See you when you back.

Good Morning Community, we've had a few arrivals yesterday and this morning from this forum . I'm grateful. Thank you. This is how we grow. Have a wonderful Sunday. 

Hi Tracey, 

My Apologies, I understood Northern Farms to be what turns out to be the "Dieplsoodt Nature Reserve". You are 100% correct in stating that your property is in 'Northern Farm'

I am planning on riding from home this weekend and will drop by your place for a cup of coffee, to support you.

Stay Positive.

Have a Great day. 

I cycled out to Cyclist Pitstop on Sunday morning and had a coffee with Tracey. 

The coffee was filter coffee. They have a basic cappuccino machine, but it was not ready when I got there.

Tracey was very welcoming and we spoke about many of the ideas posted on this thread.

This is definitely a good 'Parking' option if you want to avoid riding through the roadworks on Cedar road.

It's also good option for Mountain Bikers riding through/past Lanseria looking for a quick coffee or free water refill.

Have we established yet whether the cost is R20 per car or per person as advertised ? 

Have we established yet whether the cost is R20 per car or per person as advertised ? 

[comic sans on]

R20 a wheel. thus one car + one bike = R120

[/comic sans off]

Hi Eddy, correctly advertised as R20 per person.   I started this venture December last year. I have had a club who support me whenever they can. They've all arrived separately in there own cars, hence one person one car. This past weekend i had two vehicles with two riders in each for the first time. They were happy to pay the R20 pp without any argument. As this venture is in infancy, i cant afford to drop my price. Once i get the numbers i will re-consider. With regards to the coffee, good filter coffee will be on offer until i get traffic. Coffee machines cost in the region of R30K. I will upgrade when i get the numbers. After a some comfortable chats over the weekend with the riders who visited we shared ideas and i will post more about that in the week. I need to think it through first. Have a great afternoon. Be safe. 

Cheers 

Tracey

[comic sans on]

R20 a wheel. thus one car + one bike = R120

[/comic sans off]

lol....:0

Good Morning Cycling Community

What a stunning morning to ride! Our view this morning .... so blessed.  Tomorrow's weather is looking promising! Join us for a boerie roll , coffee.... oh and bring a beer or 2 that i'll put on ice :) hope to see you soon.

Ps. there are MTB riders on our surrounding trails every weekend. Come have some fun!

Lanseria Pitstop (0832179702). Find us on google maps "Cylist Pitstop Lanseria"

3 Middel Rd, Lanseria.

pics

http://sat 3.jpg

jpg

Good Morning Cycling Community

What a stunning morning to ride! Our view this morning .... so blessed.  Tomorrow's weather is looking promising! Join us for a boerie roll , coffee.... oh and bring a beer or 2 that i'll put on ice :) hope to see you soon.

Ps. there are MTB riders on our surrounding trails every weekend. Come have some fun!

Lanseria Pitstop (0832179702). Find us on google maps "Cylist Pitstop Lanseria"

3 Middel Rd, Lanseria.

jpg