Unfair reviews.

Casual rider

If the reviews he got were for low balling and from 2 different people then I can only think the op has got what he deserves.

It seems only one review was because of a lowball offer. Even if it deserved (I have wanted to leave those reviews many times when people offer me less than half of my asking price), the hub rules are clear that reviews can only be left when a transaction has occurred.

OP, in case 1, contact Admin and see if they agree that the 1 start was retaliation, if they agree it will be removed. In case 2, again contact admin, that review should be removed if no trade occurred.

Oh, and stop low-balling people. 

All social media with like/rating type feedback mechanisms is prone to this including the hub.

But to have yr account banned for a month is unacceptable. How did you get home?

Booked a Careem. Which is funny because they all the same “taxi’s” as the drivers run all the different apps at the same time. Failing that could have taken a normal cab home.

Lately, much better option we have here is to drive your own car to wherever you going to socialize. Have your booze, then end of the night use an app where a driver arrives with a partner and then drives you home in your own car. They then get collected from outside your house.

It seems only one review was because of a lowball offer. Even if it deserved (I have wanted to leave those reviews many times when people offer me less than half of my asking price), the hub rules are clear that reviews can only be left when a transaction has occurred.

OP, in case 1, contact Admin and see if they agree that the 1 start was retaliation, if they agree it will be removed. In case 2, again contact admin, that review should be removed if no trade occurred.

Oh, and stop low-balling people.

I didn't look at the reviews myself I just commented relating to someone else's interpretation of them and that pushing 2 different seller's buttons with low ball offers to the extent they both felt the need to rate the guy negatively probably means the op is getting carried away with his low balling.

Agreed the reviews wouldn't be "legal" going by the Hub's review guidelines.

I’ll hijack the thread for a minute....

So a few weeks ago, I take an Uber from my home to the Marina with my wife. Uber was a few min late but ok, was not an issue, however we get in and this vehicle is not too clean and has a bit of a funky smell. Anyway, it’s winter over here now so put the windows down a bit and we go. End of the trip I get out and give the driver a 3 Star rating. I state “cleanliness” in the comments box. No less than 2 min later I get a 1 star rating in my Uber App as well as an email from Uber saying that I’ve been reported for “not wearing a mask” while in the car and my accounts been suspended for 30 days...

Both myself and my wife wore our masks 100% of the trip, before getting in the car and once out.

I was quite shocked at the reaction to my justified rating and eventually did get my account reactivated after a formal complaint and no proof I did not comply to PPE rules. All Public transport here have front and rear cameras with audio so I asked for the footage. I was just surprised as the customer how I got “bullied”.

Hijack off....

I had the same. I am 90% sure that it is because you did not reply to a click box from Uber (the company App itself) that said you must would wear the mask during the ride. It is a stupid little tick box that no one even sees. Check when your Uber has arrived that you check little tick boxes or pop ups from Uber. I complained to them and they said it was from Uber, not the driver. 

That is assuming that the response i got from Uber was legit........

So as we all know, there is a review system in place. I have now twice been reviewed 1 star recently.

The first one was because of what I believed to be a justified 1 star review I left for a hubber. And he then felt the need to review me back with a matching 1 star review. And included in that review was false information trying to justify his 1 star retaliation review.

The second was simply for making a offer that ToysRus thought was too low. Is that not abusing the review system? I was not rude or malicious in any way. I have all correspondence with both hubbers which can clearly show that the 1 star reviews I've recieved were out of line. (In my honest opinion anyway)

How many others out there have suffered the same unfair abuse of the review system and what can be done to avoid it happening? I'm sure Bikehub have better things to do than to police such happenings.

At the end of the day, it is such a pitty. I'm certainly not the first and definitely not the last to experience such unnecessary drama and abuse of the review system.....

ummmm. did you take this up with the hub people before starting a thread.

if this is you then, it appears that you are back more five star than a supermarket checkout aisle

https://bikehub.co.za/classifieds/profile/2286

I had the same. I am 90% sure that it is because you did not reply to a click box from Uber (the company App itself) that said you must would wear the mask during the ride. It is a stupid little tick box that no one even sees. Check when your Uber has arrived that you check little tick boxes or pop ups from Uber. I complained to them and they said it was from Uber, not the driver.

That is assuming that the response i got from Uber was legit........

Interesting, will check !