Garmin Rally powermeters

Markellis

I just bought a Power2max meter for my MTB. Would have had it installed yesterday but the chainring bolts I bought are too long (5mm).

Sounds like you need Shimano XTR chainring bolts?

I've got a P2Max NGeco on my mtb. Due to my chainline being Ai I needed a spacer to get the chainring in the right place, fortunately the P2M Boost to non-boost spacer works perfectly but I needed longer chainring bolts. These were easy enough to source from Csixx.

The challenge was sourcing correct length the bot nuts. So I sources a set form Kalbo Designs and they're Titanium. Have a look at the Kalbo Designs webshop as I think they do shorter bolts too

Sounds like you need Shimano XTR chainring bolts?

I've got a P2Max NGeco on my mtb. Due to my chainline being Ai I needed a spacer to get the chainring in the right place, fortunately the P2M Boost to non-boost spacer works perfectly but I needed longer chainring bolts. These were easy enough to source from Csixx.

The challenge was sourcing correct length the bot nuts. So I sources a set form Kalbo Designs and they're Titanium. Have a look at the Kalbo Designs webshop as I think they do shorter bolts too

I bought the Csixx “short” bolts, but they are too long. Don’t really like those Csixx bolts, they don’t have an Allen key fitting on the “nut” section so they are difficult to tighten and loosen.

I learnt a new bike maintenance lesson yesterday. Never apply locktite until you are certain the bolts are the right length. I now have a crankset with a loose chainring but I am sukkeling to remove the bolts because they are locktited and I can’t hold the nut still because there is no Allen key fitting.

School fees.

yeah, you need ridiculously short bolts for those. I ended up just filing the bolts I had shorter because I couldn't find any that were short enough.

Good to know I am not alone, got no heads up on this from reading reviews, install guides etc.

• 4 weeks later...

I think lately Garmin started using cheaper materials. I just remember buying a Garmin Power Meter 10 years ago and now. I can feel the difference in quality of materials very much.