947 Ride Joburg

The Ouzo

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

25 minutes ago, The Ouzo said:

What’s everyone’s goal time for this year?

at this stage I’m just hoping to match the 3:20 of the last 2 years. If I do better then bonus. 

I’m going for as close to 4 hrs as possible.. my 100km moving time has been 4:26 with similar elevation gain..

so anywhere around there and I’m happy

😬🤘🏻

Time, for me, is not as important as a good finish position. At least I’m guaranteed a top 100 position if I cross the finish line.

This is my TrainingPeaks goal; set back in May 2023. Can’t put top 20 in the position field, but that would mean a good ride.
image.png.a83eae5c823579c04a3440dc03479162.png
edit: it’s the start group position, not overall.

Edited by Frosty

Interesting start this year...wonder why all the changes. From history riding this event every time there is changes to the start/finish at the event it means that possibly a change of venue is on the cards for the near future. Maybe I'm wrong this time but this is just my experience and view.

As for time I do not think that I will be close to last years time due some health issues over the last 8 weeks or so. Looking at 3:30...anything faster will be a huge bonus.

51 minutes ago, Frosty said:

Time, for me, is not as important as a good finish position. At least I’m guaranteed a top 100 position if I cross the finish line.

This is my TrainingPeaks goal; set back in May 2023. Can’t put top 20 in the position field, but that would mean a good ride.
image.png.a83eae5c823579c04a3440dc03479162.png

WOW!! That is power - Please report back after the event.

4 minutes ago, silkman said:

Thanks -is there signage there if I get on Nasrec road- last year had some issues

No signage ...

From N1 South left on Nasrec Rd (You should see a big Adendorfs building on your right after you turned)
About 800m down the road is a 4 way stop, turn left
Continue straight and you'll see FNB stadium on your right, with cars parked...