947 Ride Joburg

The Ouzo

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I was wondering if they will still carry over my 2020 entry to 2021, they initially said they would. But no mention of it now so will wait and see. 

Falling out with Mnr Steyn I wonder?

Most of the reason I want to ride this again is for the lap of Kyalami. I'm glad its still in there.

MTB and kids ride still at Steyn City. Maybe Nasrec is just better suited with regard to logistics and such .

Edit: Cyclists from the South are smiling.

Edited by Blokman

Going to be a tough 2nd half from reaching Kyalami all the way to the finish.

The new sections towards the south will definitely be interesting.

Prevailing winds in GP means a tailwind for the second half.

Closer to home for me.

I like it, hope COVID allows for it to take place.

Only thing with Nasrec is the criminal element considering all the past issues with concerts etc in the vicinity.

New route looks interesting. Especially the bumps in the last 30km's.

Price also on the upward trend R595. (Better have a bloody good goodie bag)

Falling out with Mnr Steyn I wonder?

Most of the reason I want to ride this again is for the lap of Kyalami. I'm glad its still in there.

Ha ha,  I might actually ride it all this time :blush: . In my first and so far only 947 in 2019 I have to admit I walked the one steep bit on the track, my legs were tired.

Only thing with Nasrec is the criminal element considering all the past issues with concerts etc in the vicinity.

New route looks interesting. Especially the bumps in the last 30km's.

Price also on the upward trend R595. (Better have a bloody good goodie bag)

yeah price seems steep, but I guess closing highways doesnt come cheap

I was wondering if they will still carry over my 2020 entry to 2021, they initially said they would. But no mention of it now so will wait and see. 

I am also keen to find out. Wont be right if previously paid entries are not acknowledged. I have read through the rules and no mention of this. They have had my money since Jan 2020.

I am also keen to find out. Wont be right if previously paid entries are not acknowledged. I have read through the rules and no mention of this. They have had my money since Jan 2020.

best thing to do is pop them an email and find out

best thing to do is pop them an email and find out

I emailed already so shall wait and see what the reply is.  I bought the entry for 2020 in November  2019. 

I emailed already so shall wait and see what the reply is.  I bought the entry for 2020 in November  2019. 

Now that you mention it I think I might have too.

How do you check ? (it doesnt show on my Racetec list)

Edited by ouzo

Now that you mention it I think I might have too.

How do you check ?

Not sure how to check, the only reason I remembered was because it was the Black Friday sale on and that is in November. The last e mail I got was last year I think and it gave you a few options and it said if you don't reply then it is automatically carried over to the next year.

I entered both MTB and road for 2020 in 2019 but did ride  the MTB one in 2021. 

Not sure how to check, the only reason I remembered was because it was the Black Friday sale on and that is in November. The last e mail I got was last year I think and it gave you a few options and it said if you don't reply then it is automatically carried over to the next year.

I entered both MTB and road for 2020 in 2019 but did ride  the MTB one in 2021. 

I just checked my emails, looks like I also did the Black Friday deal.

I think I will add another email to their inbox and query it.