Cradle area today 27 April 2021

Mojoman

So who was out in the Cradle area today, I read that someone was taken away in an ambulance and another in a helicopter today? Seems its getting quite hectic out there again with cyclists and runners and motorists and loiterers and  a couple of small roads...? There was a post about it on the FB group Cradle Riders & Runners

I was there, did not see anything of that nature and actually it seemed quieter than was expecting.

Passed a rider being loaded into an ambulance on sterkfontein road. Didn't see any mangled bikes or upset motorists so believe it was a cause other than a vehicle accident.

The Sterkfontein road was closed off and a medical helicopter landed on the road. Appeared to be a serious medical incident as paramedics were administering CPR to presumably a cyclist.

Hope the person made it and recovers.

Rode past the Sterkfontein Caves yesterday.. didn't notice anything.. any updates on what happened?  Medical condition or crash? 

Hi Folks, I was one of the guys involved in the crash that resulted in the gentlemen get taken away by ambulance. It was a touch of wheels that led to him falling and from what I understand, his injuries were fairly serious.

I know he was riding with 2 other guys, 1 of which had a Rainbows and Smiles cycling top. If anyone has more information, I would really like to know how he is doing.

Sorry to read the news of the person taken away by Helicopter - it’s never something you want to see or read about. I hope everyone involved recovers well from their injuries.