Anyone know anything about Marvel bikes?

AllTerrain

Hi Ruru.. So I ended up buying the marvel hybrid from CWC.. I guess it was okay for the price, but could definitely feel the cheaper built quality from the get go.. For instance, the handlebar would just not stay attached to the mechanism on the frame- constantly had to re-tighten it.. Additionally, the gear changes were not smooth, so it did become abit of a pain to actually ride, wasn't really a pleasant experience.. 

After a year of ownership I ended up trading it for a Rook single speed bicycle and I'm much happier (my use is mostly for zipping around the city).. The difference in build quality is night and day.. 

In hindsight, I'd say spend a little more on a bike from a reputable brand (titan, silverback etc) either new or 2nd hand, and give this Marvel hybrid a pass.. 

6 minutes ago, OVERDRIVE said:

I didn't read all the responses, forgive me if I'm repeating what people have already said. 

Please avoid makro/marvel bikes and anything in that vicinity because they always cost more in the end. 

Cheers 

Yes, I call them Generic Bikes with Shiny Paint and Sticker Engineering.

Some of the Newer "Major Brands" have also gone down this route.

It's Easy to "Get Blinded by Glitter".