Aru to retire after Vuelta

Dirt Tracker

I see Aru is retiring after this years Vuelta. Shame, for all the fun, the pain face memes and the rest he did shine bright for a short time before a very bad run of luck in the medical department. and never really coming back. Qhubeka are propping up the joke that they are the team equivalent of the elephants graveyard. 

15 minutes ago, Dirt Tracker said:

I see Aru is retiring after this years Vuelta. Shame, for all the fun, the pain face memes and the rest he did shine bright for a short time before a very bad run of luck in the medical department. and never really coming back. Qhubeka are propping up the joke that they are the team equivalent of the elephants graveyard. 

His retirement comes as a bit of a surprise as he had his best result in years by finishing second overall in the Vuelta a Burgos a week ago.

A truely awful video from Astana covering Aru's 2015 Giro win with some astounding Kazak Euro House the over shadows everything! 

4 minutes ago, dsw said:

His retirement comes as a bit of a surprise as he had his best result in years by finishing second overall in the Vuelta a Burgos a week ago.

Exactly, general thought has been he's been getting back to some kind of form this year after everything. Would be nice to see his pain face and to take a stage at the Vuelta. 

That reminds me, what ever happened to the beef between him and Henderson when Hendo tweeted out those pretty blunt messages about Fabio cheating / doping. I thought they were doing handbags at dawn in the courts. Ah, the ol' Astana Effect. Always leaves a dirty feeling somehow. 

18 minutes ago, Dirt Tracker said:

He's 31. Wonder what his next move would be. Body double for beaker? 

266-beaker1.jpg.6bb4dc965287e613486cce26abcaee45.jpg

I thought he was really young for some reason