Suspension Question

daniel04

it is likely that the wheel will touch the frame at its maximum travel. but you might get lucky and it could bottom out before that.. 

Good news is that's the only issue I can come up with. The wheels aren't all that different in size and I've had success in getting 650B wheels into a 26er frame, so it might be worth trying if your clearances look good.

51 minutes ago, daniel04 said:

Thanks guys, it has 120mm travel 

If its a Lefty 2.0 27.5 120 or Lefty Max 120 it can be travel limited to 100mm to convert to a 29er. Needs a different spacer in the airspring if I recall correctly.

You can add a bottom out spacer to the top of the damper shaft. All you'll need is a BB tool and the spacers - they just clip on.

20mm is the magic number, but when you're done just let all the air out and compress to bottom out to make sure the steerer doesn't meet the tyre. Make sure you do a bearing reset before you test.

24 minutes ago, droo said:

You can add a bottom out spacer to the top of the damper shaft. All you'll need is a BB tool and the spacers - they just clip on.

20mm is the magic number, but when you're done just let all the air out and compress to bottom out to make sure the steerer doesn't meet the tyre. Make sure you do a bearing reset before you test.

Great thank you Droo, where would I be able to get the spacers? 

1 hour ago, daniel04 said:

Great thank you Droo, where would I be able to get the spacers? 

Therein lies the question. I'll see if I can source some from the agents, but I suspect you'll need to find someone who's written off a Lefty 1.0 Hybrid or older, those forks have been out of production since long enough to no longer be supported. I'll PM you if I find some.

5 hours ago, droo said:

Therein lies the question. I'll see if I can source some from the agents, but I suspect you'll need to find someone who's written off a Lefty 1.0 Hybrid or older, those forks have been out of production since long enough to no longer be supported. I'll PM you if I find some.

Are they rigid spacers?

If so I am sure on can get something 3D printed.

Just now, Hairy said:

Are they rigid spacers?

And if you need 3D printing done, that rough looking corsa bakkie driving trek riding riff raff who's RS you just did the cartridge warranty replacement for and stupidly rented out the shock mc guyver to can certainly assist you for next to nothing.

2 minutes ago, Hairy said:

Are they rigid spacers?

10mm thick, 1/2" ID, about 1" OD, and need to be able to clip on to a shaft without sliding around or scratching anything.

1 minute ago, droo said:

10mm thick, 1/2" ID, about 1" OD, and need to be able to clip on to a shaft without sliding around or scratching anything.

That dude I described can sort that out for you