Shimano Shifter Replacement

PaulSmith

Hi all :)

My son has a Titan Hades 20 inch

The Shimano 6-Speed Twist shift is in tatters, and he's traditionally battled to use it properly

I'd like to replace it with a traditional finger shifter to make it easier for him, and hopefully create as much enthusiasm for MTBing as I have

My Question is:

I'm not finding used 6-Speed Shifters, would it be a Technical issue if I used a 7-speed shifter?

Cheers

Paul

IMG_1569.JPEG

Hi Paul, I can help you with a new 7 speed shifter and cassette at a reasonable price. give me a shout on 082 783 8388. Thanks Neil.

• 2 months later...

Hi Paul

Did you manage to change to a 7 speed shifter on the 20" Titan Hades Shimano tourney derailleur?

Thanks

5 hours ago, mms206 said:

Hi Paul

Did you manage to change to a 7 speed shifter on the 20" Titan Hades Shimano tourney derailleur?

Thanks

I got a 6.speed trigger shifter last week.

Trigger to go larger ...

Push button to go down.

Works very nice for the 5.year old.

I did the same when my son had a 24" Hades. Just for reference the 24" Hades does not have a replaceable cassette but rather a cluster/freewheel so.

Thanks for the replies gents. Hopefully picking up the bike tomorrow and will see how the lil man gets along with the grip shift but I have a feeling it'll need a change😁 I don't see much 6 speed shifters available in JHB so might have to test a 7 speed with the existing cassette and chain. Cheers👍

• 4 weeks later...
24 minutes ago, ouzo said:

I think I know the answer, but I'm taking a chance that I'm wrong.

Will this work for a 6 speed ?

image.png.75239f3ab0d3193d6771995329488b26.png

To make it 2x?

Yes