Sticky RS Lyrik Ultimate

LazyTrailRider

Hi

I had this once on Fox fork and after changing many of the parts i concluded it was a bent air spring rod. Not sure i was right but it solved the problem.

Just out of interest, it you reduce the air pressure to something low does it still stick? and does it stick through the entire travel or just the beginning?

Good luck

Edited by Marcv
wrong word

2 hours ago, Alouette3 said:

Do you have the tool required? Would be very intrigued to see what difference it could make to my Pike

Had a tool made to do the job based on measurements I got from the chap who started the thread on MTBR

23 minutes ago, thebob said:

Had a tool made to do the job based on measurements I got from the chap who started the thread on MTBR

Us CT folk also need one

3 hours ago, Alouette3 said:

Us CT folk also need one

Drop me a PM and I'll see if the guy who made my tool would make one for you and what he would ask for the work

On 12/27/2021 at 4:40 PM, Marcv said:

I had this once on Fox fork and after changing many of the parts i concluded it was a bent air spring rod. Not sure i was right but it solved the problem.

Just out of interest, it you reduce the air pressure to something low does it still stick? and does it stick through the entire travel or just the beginning?

Unfortunately the air spring has already been eliminated, it's the same with a brand new one. It sticks regardless of the pressure and all the way through.

On 12/27/2021 at 8:31 PM, thebob said:

Drop me a PM and I'll see if the guy who made my tool would make one for you and what he would ask for the work

Thanks, I'm going to hassle Droo when they're open again next week and first see if he can sort it out. If he reckons it's worth going the bushing shaving route, I'll let you know (thanks for the offer!)...

• 4 weeks later...
7 hours ago, Nuffy said:

Did you and @droo get this resolved, @LazyTrailRider? I’m just curious what the outcome was.

Droo did a full service including the damper and reckoned that the only remaining culprit would be the bushings. It unfortunately didn’t make much difference so the lowers are now being replaced under warranty. Will update here when I get it back.

CCS were nice enough to replace both the lowers and CSU (it was starting to click) under warranty.

Got it back this afternoon, waaaay smoother than it was, even though it will probably get even better after a bit of running in.

I'm happy again.

3 hours ago, LazyTrailRider said:

CCS were nice enough to replace both the lowers and CSU (it was starting to click) under warranty.

Got it back this afternoon, waaaay smoother than it was, even though it will probably get even better after a bit of running in.

I'm happy again.

It's been bugging me. You get the black or the red back?

7 minutes ago, LazyTrailRider said:

Back in black (pardon the pun).

I was bummed when I heard at first, but it actually looks pretty damn rad.

0D70FEDD-D344-4BF8-9CDB-9A99C545DB73.jpeg.41719233c7ce012d83a7027d1f26226f.jpeg

I am not a fan of Spez, but I cannot help liking this bike.

It is just such a superb looking machine.👌

18 hours ago, LazyTrailRider said:

I'm happy again.

Great days. Glad you got sorted the easy way.

3 minutes ago, droo said:

Great days. Glad you got sorted the easy way.

Thanks for your help. Will bring it for a lowers service with that lightweight oil next time around...