What is that one thing that you just can’t seem to find?

RuhanC

Beginning of this year I bought myself a Fenix 5. Great watch! I could however not for the life of me find a suitable mount to mount my Fenix unto my handle bars. There were the universal bike mounts out there, but usually they were sold out as soon as i contacted the seller. Either that or they were very expensive. 
Some background, i am currently studying Engineering and as a hobby i bought myself a 3D printer. 

Only after a while i put two and two together and realised that i could just print myself a mount. I could also customise it the way i wanted. I opted in for a mount that attaches to the quick release mounts of my Fenix’s straps and mounts to my stem for a clean look. I started selling these mounts here on bikehub and i was supprised by how many people were interested. 

At this stage I am wondering of there were more people out there can can just not seem to find a specific part they are looking for, or replacement for something that broke. Do you guys have any suggestions on things i can design and print? Things like flat pedals that clip into your spd pedals, or more funky things like a coffee cup holder for your bike? What is that one thing that you just can’t seem to find? And have you thought about maybe 3D printing one?

8958CEDE-11A4-47A7-B9F2-DDB438674CB2.jpeg

Lezyne GPS outfront mount. Theirs isn't a quarter mount turn like the Garmin, but a one-eighth (spelling) #innovation ????

1 minute ago, mecheng89 said:

Lezyne GPS outfront mount. Theirs isn't a quarter mount turn like the Garmin, but a one-eighth (spelling) #innovation ????

Unless there's is a more 'robust' design than that of Garmin I've not found the 3D printed one's strong enough ...

17 minutes ago, mecheng89 said:

Bought mine from cyclelab boksburg for R239 on saturday, then chucked in all the sms discount vouchers I had and got a further R175 off the purchase. 

https://www.cyclelab.com/product/3004353-acc-part-lezyne-gps-forward-bar-mount-318mm

I asked them via their chat function on their website to check stock on saturday morning and they said they are out of stock. I took a flyer chance and went to their boksburg branch anyway as I had to drop a frame off for someone. Popped my head in and lo and behold... they had 2 in stock like it was 2 weeks ago. They have one left in stock, on the shelves close to the pay tills in the front of the shop

Edited by 117