Cycling groups JHB north & west suburbs

Kellydv

Hello Cycling People ☺️

I’m looking for a road cycling group for during the week and weekends… I’ve been riding for a few years but would like to join a group for the safety and social side. If there are any out there (in and around the area) that are happy to have a extra lady on board please let me know. 

Averaging speeds anything from 24-29km/h 

TIA

☺️

Edited by Shemoves

Try ICG, Illovo Cycling Group. Exceptional group of riders with a strict conduct code and safety, all rides are no drop rides and there's a number of different groups. 
Generally the groups meet for a 5am departure from Engen/MacDonalds in Rosebank.
They're on FB and Instagram. 

You can also try the Peak Triathlon team. My cousin races with them and I join them occasionally they welcome anyone. Lots of woman riding and not only Tri. They generally ride cradle from either Broadacres or Pedal and Sprocket. I can put you in touch if you are interested.  

• 2 months later...
On 11/23/2021 at 7:45 PM, Danger Dassie said:

Try ICG, Illovo Cycling Group. Exceptional group of riders with a strict conduct code and safety, all rides are no drop rides and there's a number of different groups. 
Generally the groups meet for a 5am departure from Engen/MacDonalds in Rosebank.
They're on FB and Instagram. 

Agree on the Exceptional group - very special group of ppl... Just a correction - the A rides are not "no drop"... but generally if you do get dropped there is a B coming a few minutes behind

Edited by therealdavidn@gmail.com

4 minutes ago, therealdavidn@gmail.com said:

Agree on the Exceptional group - very special group of ppl... Just a correction - the A rides are not "no drop"... but generally if you do get dropped there is a B coming a few minutes behind

Perhaps for riders not fit enough, but for mechanicals no drop is a none negotiable. At least in my experience and as communicated by the admins. 
I do also like the fact that with new riders an ICG regular needs to introduce and ride with them the first few rides at least. 

3 hours ago, therealdavidn@gmail.com said:

Aah...image.png.4d83cf114cd36bbc42c56f468bca6dd5.png