Any MTB trails close to Uitenhage?

Catatonic_Joe

Hi guys,

I'm in Uitenhage staying with my in laws for a few weeks. I wanted to know if there's any trails to ride in the area. I see there is Slipperfields, but that's about 60km's out for me. Anything in the Rocklands area?

Uitenhage is close enough to PE for a Baakens River ride. Start at the containers, drop down through the valley then along the beachfront to the lighthouse at Pine Lodge and back again.

4 hours ago, WaynejG said:

And the Crossways restaurant has Jack Black on tap. For me probably one of the best tap beers out there.

I don't drink, but thanks anyways.

4 hours ago, WaynejG said:

Uitenhage is close enough to PE for a Baakens River ride. Start at the containers, drop down through the valley then along the beachfront to the lighthouse at Pine Lodge and back again.

How many km's would this ride be? Would it be safe to ride on my own?

20 minutes ago, Catatonic_Joe said:

Not advisable, unfortunately there is the occasional mugging in the valley.

30 minutes ago, Catatonic_Joe said:

The lower bit of the Valley is not advisable by yourself. I am not in PE at the moment. How long you in Uitenhage for? I am back around the 3rd or 4th of January and will happily join you.

16 minutes ago, WaynejG said:

The lower bit of the Valley is not advisable by yourself. I am not in PE at the moment. How long you in Uitenhage for? I am back around the 3rd or 4th of January and will happily join you.

Cool, I'm here till the 8th.