Postage of Bleed Kit from UK via Fleabay

New Landy new life

Hi All

Haven't bought anything from overseas in years and just wondering if I ordered a Reveb Bleed kit from Ebay in the UK, would it ever get here ?

The only postage option is UK mail, but I'm not sure if it would make it to me via the S.A Post office.

Any suggestions ?

Edited by New Landy new life
spelling

I doubt you would receive it, of course it’s possible but SAPO not know for reliability.

expensive option would be to send it to me and then courier it to you. 

Recently got a warranteed part from canada. Took 7 days from canada to reach SA, then 33 days till it got to my local post office via SAPO

51 minutes ago, New Landy new life said:

Hi All

Haven't bought anything from overseas in years and just wondering if I ordered a Reveb Bleed kit from Ebay in the UK, would it ever get here ?

The only postage option is UK mail, but I'm not sure if it would make it to me via the S.A Post office.

Any suggestions ?

Look up Post Box Courier. Ship it to them and they will bring it in to your door. 

If you haven't, try get a kit from a local dealer. If there is stock you'll have it in your hands much faster and probably for the same price as overseas plus courier plus duties

If you are going to go for the EBay option, make sure that it has a tracking number / signed for. Fortunately the buyer protection of eBay is quite good should the parcel go amiss along the line.

6 hours ago, New Landy new life said:

Hi All

Any suggestions ?

I didn't even read the entire post because i saw SA Post Office. 

NEVER EVER USE THE POST OFFICE EVER 

7 hours ago, IceCreamMan said:

I doubt you would receive it, of course it’s possible but SAPO not know for reliability.

expensive option would be to send it to me and then courier it to you. 

All sorted,  Registered on Aramex and used local UK address and they forward to you via courier.

Thanks for all the advice - bleed kit on route for reasonable price.

1 hour ago, New Landy new life said:

All sorted,  Registered on Aramex and used local UK address and they forward to you via courier.

Thanks for all the advice - bleed kit on route for reasonable price.

Which bleed kit have you ordered and what is the landed cost if you don't mind sharing?

I'm about to pull the trigger on a bleed kit so would like to see if it's worth going the import route or not.

On 1/29/2022 at 10:46 PM, Trashy said:

Which bleed kit have you ordered and what is the landed cost if you don't mind sharing?

I'm about to pull the trigger on a bleed kit so would like to see if it's worth going the import route or not.

Kit including oil 14 GBP  *Edit  https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/113658733974 *

Transport about ZAR 273 based on dimension and weight given by seller.

You welcome to borrow mine once it arrives if you in my province 

• 3 weeks later...

I recieved the bleed kit but the two brass fittings were only suitable to the thread in the lever and were too small for the actual seat post thread which is one size bigger diameter.

I managed to use an extra nylon type swage nipple in the kit and jammed it tight in the hole and was able to still sucessfully bleed the system and the dropper is working 100%.

The seller was not sure what the correct fitting should be as the kit he supplied is more geared toward the Reverb stealth where the bleed screw for the post is inline with the hose and has the same thread as the lever.

For future I would like to get the correct fitting, but there seem to be two types listed/shown on Sram instruction manual/parts list.

They show a threaded unit on their manual but the part number from the diagram brings up a non threaded fitting just with an O-ring.

Anyone actually done this job with the non stealth type dropper post with externally routed pipe ?

Top Bleed Fitting.jpg

Seat Post Bleed Fitting.jpg

Saddle Bleed Screw.jpg

Bleed Screw Size Difference.jpg